Power Electronics Related questions

Vihan Shahu

Joined May 15, 2015
To convert pure sinusoidal wave into pure dc, what circuit would one employ?
I believe a full wave controlled rectifier with LC filter at the output should suffice. Is there be a better circuit which can be employed?

Which is the most advanced power electronic equipment employed in motor drives?
I think the answer to this would be silicon carbide diode but do not feel sure.

Vihan Shahu

Joined May 15, 2015
I guess, provided we have appropriate values. What if, I used an H bridge converter with appropriate PWM switching which will make the pole voltage lag the source voltage thereby transferring power to the DC load side, and then using a low pass filter?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You are speaking in absolutes. It is nearly impossible to get from AC to, "pure DC" without going to extreme circuits and extreme costs. Attenuation of the AC component is always a matter of degree. If you do not say, "how pure" or what the load current is, the answers will not be coming to you.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Whaat the...?
Short hiatus?;)
Max.
Hey, I can drop in for a few minutes between activities, but I can not spend hours at a time, as I am accustomed to. Three or four lines of, "You can't get there from here" only requires a few minutes. A well formed answer with a small schematic usually costs me half an hour. I can do a quickie before the sweat dries off me. ;)