power Bank How it Work in details Request !

battery.13v

Joined Dec 20, 2015
Hi everyone, one day i found this power bank in the carbage so i took it and disassemble it ! it is the Y005A 4400mAh Power Bank
My request : a total explanation of it's circuit and how it works cause it's from china and their is no datasheets !
i want to know where is the buck converter, the boost converter, the microcontroller and it's role , the protection chips (if there is), what are the most essential parts in it like mosfets and etc ... So if you could ... a complete tutorial on how this thing work but in details not generally ... please !

Roderick Young

Joined Feb 22, 2015
For a start, get a magnifying glass and look at the markings on the components.

R8 looks like it's marked "222" , for example. I can't make out the others.
Post the list of all the components here.
Also take a picture of the inside of the case showing how the batteries connected.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
For a start, get a magnifying glass and look at the markings on the components.

R8 looks like it's marked "222" , for example. I can't make out the others.
Post the list of all the components here.
Also take a picture of the inside of the case showing how the batteries connected.
And then follow all the traces on the circuit board and draw a complete schematic. ;)

battery.13v

Joined Dec 20, 2015
Ok thx for your efforts ... this is a response from an engineer :
Right side of USB jacks is DW01 and 8205A combination for protection.

Left side of USB jacks appears to be boost converter.

Chip next to LED is probably charge controller, maybe TP4056 which is very common but I can't see the traces. Note that Mini USB has been torn off board and is underneat LED.

Chip on back of USB board, dunno, maybe part of the boost converter, or could be for smart USB power negotiation.

Large chip on the LED board, don't know, no idea, that's an awful lot of pins for something in a power bank, weird. Maybe LED does some fancy tricks.