Power Bank for Mobile Phones idea

HiAe

Joined Mar 12, 2016
I use my phone quite a lot, and many times I find that my battery runs out very quickly, so I have this thought of making my own power bank as it would be way more customizable than buying one.

May I ask if it is possible to do this?
I plan to connect
3-6 LG Li-ion LGABE11865 cells,
1 5v micro usb 1a lithium battery charging board,
2-4 USB 0.9-5v to 5v DC boost step up.
Is it possible to make a power bank with these?
Can I add solar pannels and LEDs for extra charging and to display the amount of battery in the power bank?
Thank you for your help.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Is this 3-6 LG Li-ion LGABE118650 cells?
You will need a charge controller to limiting the current when the battery was full.
Add solar panels and LEDs are ok, if you want to display the amount of battery in the power bank then you may need a uC chip to calculate the rest current comparing to the full current, so if you want to doing the experiment and study is good, otherwise to buy a power bank is better.

TheButtonThief

Joined Feb 26, 2011
If you want to make a portable charger because you need a portable charger, I suggest you just buy one. If you want to make a portable charger because you're interested in electronics and want to learn about the design process, perhaps try something a little simpler first, or at least simplify the design criteria of your current idea.