Pow electronic and control related advice.

Mot93

Joined Apr 9, 2016
Hello
I'm new to the forum and I would like to hear some advice on a problem it's been on my head for very long time.
So I just finished my career on general electronics science but my principal interest is on power electronics, everything was good until I saw the term compensation, I started looking at some information about compensating converters and I just found out it requires tons of control theory, however the people that are on that area are just dumb for practical implementation and to be honest I don't know how I got through those courses. I do study hard, but these people just don't give a darn about being clear they just give theory and mathematics.
With this, the question would be so you have trouble with math?
No and yes, turns out I have some good knowledge in math, actually I have considered doing a msc in it, but most people at school have told me to stay in power electonics (they think I know tons of things). In a more consice way I found disturbing (lol) how control use math on a very crazy way without considering rules and the basic things. It's like trim this, trim that, and just got another useless equation that cannot fit in a circuit.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WITH THIS I'M NOT DISRESPECTING OR DETRACTING THAT AREA, I ACTUALLY LOVE TO HEAR PEOPLE THAT DO AMAZING THINGS ON CONTROL.
I'm really confused at this point on what to do I have spoken with many people asking how to be good at that area in both practical and theoretical way, but no one is in this country, sorry I cannot reveal it.
Hope to hear some advice.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Your question is really very vague. It sounds like, "control theory and implementation". That's several books worth of information. Narrow it down and somebody might get a grip on what you need.