poster "willwatts" in general chat

Brevor

Joined Apr 9, 2011
The new member "willwatts" posting in general chat is yet again Billy Mayo. He has been allowed to rejoin over at the Electronics Point forum. The mods there are aware of who he is and are allowing him to have only one thread open at a time, as long as he behaves. He is required to have a tagline on his posts explaining who he is. So far he seems to be behaving there. He is now posting the same questions here. I just want others to be aware.

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
This guy has more "lives" than a cat, hide thicker than a rhino, annoying as a mosquito, an inability to understand answers given to his questions but I find his "queries" make for much amusement to see what he/she will come up with next.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
He was also at EDA Board but didn't last long. Gone now.

One has to wonder whether the benefits to forum traffic outweigh the frustration he causes to many members.

John

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Thanks all. He was effectively banned as of this morning. That account has now been banned in light of this thread. We're experimenting with a new method to deal with the trolling.

@jpanhalt , I don't think his trolling really has any effect on overall traffic. It's certainly not something I've ever considered.

Rob

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
He was also at EDA Board but didn't last long. Gone now.

One has to wonder whether the benefits to forum traffic outweigh the frustration he causes to many members.

John
The frustration caused is severe. I realize that my opinion is but one small drop in the bucket, but I almost dropped out because of him.