Portable generator produces no power

Liborio

Joined Apr 18, 2016
I just bought a used Lifan 3750 pro series generator. The engine runs fine but the panel display is dark and the outlets put out no power. The circuit breaker is not tripped , any thoughts?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I just bought a used Lifan 3750 pro series generator. The engine runs fine but the panel display is dark and the outlets put out no power. The circuit breaker is not tripped , any thoughts?
The magnetic field has become weak from no use. Read this or any other article on re-flashing the field.

There are several methods out there. Find one you like with recent successes. Don't use the first method with the light bulbs- it is dangerous.

Use the one at the bottom from Briggs & Stratton. With a power drill (with cord). Safe, easy and it works.

http://www.endtimesreport.com/dead_gen.html

ifixit

Joined Nov 20, 2008
The generator may have lost its residual magnetism, which is needed to get the voltage to build up enough to excite the field winding. This can happen if it has been a long time since the generator was used, or was run a long time without load, or a load on without running.

Some generators need a load to produce an output. Try at least 100W load even if the output is zero.

Read this: http://www.auroragenerators.com/information/troubleshooting/136-no-output-voltage

Ifixit

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Assuming the voltage regulator has not gave up on life on of the the simplest and safest ways to re-energize a gen set is to simply shoot a DC current through the stator for a second or two by putting power backward through the AC receptacles with a battery or battery charger then start it up.

I've done it many times and it has always worked on generators that did not have another problem in their system elsewhere.

I guess it happens because of the poor connection or fault in your generator. These problem can be fixed by resetting the circuit of your generator otherwise contact licensed electricians in your area.

MOD NOTE: Removed advertising link.

Last edited by a moderator: