Popular Electronics Archive

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I grew up with Popular Electronics (Thanks Dad) during the late 50s and early 60s. Fond memories or reading The Adventures of Carl and Jerry and looking forward to each month showing up in the mail. Built my first Tesla Coil out of PE when they ran an article on Big TC and Little TC.

I think we have a member who was a contributing writer for the magazine in later years.

Ron

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
High school English class, 1966-67, sat in the back and burned through a mentor's entire collection of PE and EW. Looking back, the most important thing I learned was how to read a schematic and figure out a circuit without reading the text.

ak

AllanGH

Joined Oct 1, 2013
I, too, had to get rid of my hardcopies of my electronics magazines...many moves and a few floods just made that unavoidable. This is a very appreciated contribution, and you have my thanks.

I do have to admit that wget is my friend, and a couple of hours with it restored and expanded my stash of issues of most of the mags available.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The Internet Archive has also some electronics magazines.
I latched on to the American Radio History site about a year ago and downloaded the complete series of 20 mags (took a while). They have kept me company on several long plane flights.

Now, Bertus The Link Master has to go and stir the p0t with another site. There goes the weekend.

ak

AllanGH

Joined Oct 1, 2013
Nice find. This makes me appreciate scripting and a fast connection.

I had forgotten about Joseph Carr books until looking at this one.

Thanks.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
I looked through the first couple of issues of PopTronics and WOW! The memories it brought back. Thanks for posting the link to the archive!