Policy Restriction.

chan777

Joined Feb 20, 2018
hi sir.

how to put restriction in a computer that a users cannot modify and access local group policy editor, control panel, drives, registry. only an admin can do that via remote access in a same Lan. is there any way to put password in gpedit.msc or a third party software to put restrictions in each computer?

thank you..

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Well certainly a computer can be set up so that the user is not the admin, and policies are pushed down to users from a central admin. Lots of corporate users see this everyday.

Someone with corporate IT experience could likely answer your detailed questions, but that's not me. I was a Mac user and drove those folks crazy trying to control me - they couldn't.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I would try an administrative account. From there you should be able to control the access and use of the other accounts. Study win7 user accounts. If you are on a network......the network admin should do it.

Are you on a network? Are you the admin of the computer? win7 doesn't configure a admin account, if I remember right.......you have to make one.

Edit: I think you can customize every user account....from the admin account.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
hi sir.

how to put restriction in a computer that a users cannot modify and access local group policy editor, control panel, drives, registry. only an admin can do that via remote access in a same Lan. is there any way to put password in gpedit.msc or a third party software to put restrictions in each computer?

thank you..
Yes...you can do that with group policy provided your using active directory. You can restrict users from accessing system tools. If your not using active directory and administering may computers, you should be.

eT