pointer to a good tutorial please

xphere

Joined Sep 29, 2006
Pretty much what the title says,

I've been reading info at AVRbeginners.net but they assume you know somethings and not others.. and maybe i just have a very eclectic (sp?) set of knowledge in my head. Either way, there are things like accronyms (sp?) and other references that i was assuming i just didnt remember their reference before but coudlnt find it in a previous page. So i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for a good newbie tutorial to AVR programming. or at least a document that covers the basics well.

See i have upper level programming experience, but when were talking about moving registers and stuff, i start losing the doc when it jumps in with accronyms that i should already know.

So any advice and pointers for someone trying to dive in head first to the AVR world, please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

-Scott

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I think that it implies that the very best stuff is found on the manufacturer's website. Microchip, Maxim, and Atmel all seem to do a bangup job with datasheets and manuals. You do need to know what to look for however.

Unfortuneately independant authors don't quite seem to be able to git 'r done. I've always been disappointed.

xphere

Joined Sep 29, 2006
Thanks, i actually was just running into tutorials with accronyms that were used before they were explained so i was like,, woah, wait, what did i miss. i just ended up doing some quality time with google on some searches to find out what they meant.. im good now.