Joined Apr 25, 2008
I receive request to make room in my pm,so when I pm'ed
I deleted a few messages. Now the few deleted spaces has
disappeared. Bottom line question I want to the remaining pm's
saved please give the help I need,look at this.I don't want press
(empty pm) and lose all my messages. Please help me

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Have you tried again? Seems to me in the middle of a major transition such as a server move they are trying very hard not loose files, which could easily explain it.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
At the bottom of the PM page, you will see a box with something like, "move to folder..." Just export to a text file and send to Wikileaks.

John

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I pressed the empty folder button,I got a warning that said ,are you sure you want
to delete all your pm's. I like the humor, how about some walk thru help.
Like do this ,you will see this.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
But remember Loosewire. By downloading your PMs. You may trigger some alarms in one of NSA computers. And then they will start to keep an eye on you. You may see strange vans in your vicinity. Men in black with sunglasses even if it is no sun. And perhaps hear strange clicking sounds in your phone. It is perhaps best to keep it on the AAC server:rolleyes:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
T06, One of my favorites when I mess up,(Dave Is that you backing into the drive way)

Thanks Nerdegutte,I slide down to several options,I,m
not sure which one,If I press text only. I hope John post
some more steps.I need step by step,I don't want to lose
100 messages.Need help,will text only hold 50 only don't know.
I need to save 100 messages,need help.The picture thing
works better for me. Breaking News,when I learn how to
saftly post pictures,I have 2 picked out. Got to save the pm's.
John I looked at your picture again, down load to text will
that hold a 100 need to know before I press that picture.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

You can select the messages with the tick-boxes behind every message.
Then go to the pull-box and select download as text.
See also the picture of jpanhalt in post #5.
Afther you saved the messages you can select delete, and the selected messages will be deleted.

This needs to be done for both inbox and outbox.

Bertus

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

From the FAQ:

Private Messages

If the administrator has enabled the Private Messaging system, registered members may send each other private messages.
How do I send Private Messages?
Private messages work a little like email, but are limited to registered members of this forum. You may be able to include BB code, smilies and images in private messages that you send.
You may send a private message to a member of this forum by clicking the 'Send A Private Message' link in the private messaging section of your user control panel (more info), or by clicking the 'Send a Private Message' link in the drop down menu that appears in a member's posts when you click on their username.
When you send a message, you have the option to save a copy of it in your 'Sent Items' folder.
How do I work with Private Message Folders?
By default, you will have two folders in your private message area. These are the 'Inbox' and the 'Sent' Items folders.
The 'Inbox' folder contains any new messages you receive. It allows you to view all the messages you have received, along with the name of the person who sent it, and the date and time it was sent.
The 'Sent Items' folder contains a copy of any messages that you have sent, where you have specified that you wish to keep a copy for future reference.
You can create additional folders for your messages by clicking the 'Edit Folders' link.
Each folder has a set of message controls which allow you to select messages, then either move them to one of your custom folders, or delete them. Once you have selected your messages, you can choose the following options in the 'Selected Messages' box at the bottom of the list:

• Move to Folder
  • Delete
  • Mark as Read
  • Mark as Unread
  • Download as XML
  • Download as CSV
  • Download as TEXT
You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has probably set a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders. If you exceed this number, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old ones.
If you would like to keep a record of your messages before you delete them, you can use any of the 'Download as..' options listed above to take a copy and store them on your own computer.
Whenever you read a message, you will have the option to reply or forward it to another member of the forum. You may also have the ability to forward that message to multiple members of your contact list.
How do I track messages?
When you send a new private message, you may have the option to request a read-receipt. This lets you check whether or not a message has been read by its recipient. To do this, go to the 'Message Tracking' page.
This page is divided into two sections: unread and read messages.
The unread messages section shows all messages that you have sent with a read-receipt request, that have not yet been read by their recipient.
The read messages section shows all messages you have sent with a receipt request that have been read and acknowledged by their recipient. The time that the message was read is also shown.
You may choose to end the tracking on any message you choose by selecting it and clicking the 'End Tracking' button.
When you receive a message with a read-receipt request, you may have the option to read the message while denying the read-receipt request. To do this, simply click the 'Deny Receipt' link rather than the title of the message, if it appears.

Bertus

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

When you go to the PM-box, you can select the files you want to download:

Then you select the "download as TEXT" in the dropdown box and press go:

Then a dialog box appears then select download file:

I always add -inbox for the inbox file and -outbox for the outbox file.

Then select "delete" in the dropdown box and press go:
(be sure the text file is downloaded correctly).

The same can be done for the outbox.

Bertus

PS I use the dutch version of firefox.

Attachments