Pls Help

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
You need to make a choice: a) do you want to tackle the virus(s) and clean the machine or b) do you want to back-up your files and format the system.

Which one will it be?

Dave

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
The best thing to do is backup you files. Anything the is executeble could be infected, archived files too, so keep the seperate. Reformat and start over with your origional disks or clean backups. Use a virus scanner on your backups before reinstalling any of the stuff you copied from the infected computer, unless you want to have the same problem. Watch what programs are running in your task manager, and start up files. If something pops up, that you don't recognize or start yourself, use the search, to find the folder. Scan it for viruses, or just decide if it valid. Usually a virus will deposite several copies on your hard drive, so if the search returns sever folders with the same EXE...

xinzlee

Joined Nov 19, 2007
how to tackle the virus(s) and clean the machine ..i already clean and delete but the virus come out again when i scan it again.. so how to do

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
What is your operating system? Do you have the system recovery disks?

If you have the system disks, you should be able to boot on the first restore disk. Choose to reformat the HD before reinstalling. If it's Windows 98, you will need a boot floppy. Your system can make one, but by now it will be infected by the virus.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
how to tackle the virus(s) and clean the machine ..i already clean and delete but the virus come out again when i scan it again.. so how to do
If you are using Windows ME/XP/Vista it sounds like the virus has embedded itself in your Sytem Restore.

You need to disable System Restore and perform a scan in safe-mode.

If you let us know which OS you using they we can tell you how to disable System Restore and boot to safe-mode.

Dave

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Boot on a restore CD. Elect to format the drive. If you can find somebody local with a bit of knowledge, he can help you through this much faster than we. Especially if you are talking to the board through your infested computer - it will be unusable until it is fully cleaned up and the system is restored.

Do you have a system restore disk?