Please i need a Phd Topic on satellite communication

layxide11

Joined Jul 30, 2015
Hello guys
Please i am currently running an Msc programme in Satellite communication. I would like to proceed for Phd programme immediately when am done, so please i need help on a research topic in satellite communication for doctorate programme.
Also, please can anyone recommend a project topic for Msc satellite communication that relates to mechanical engineering?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I don't see how there is much mechanical engineering in satellite communication that could be the subject of a PhD thesis. :confused:
About the only things mechanical I can think of is the antenna mount and perhaps the design/fabrication of the dish.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hello guys
Please i am currently running an Msc programme in Satellite communication. I would like to proceed for Phd programme immediately when am done, so please i need help on a research topic in satellite communication for doctorate programme.
Also, please can anyone recommend a project topic for Msc satellite communication that relates to mechanical engineering?
The only ME related topics I can think of is how the antenna folds/extends or a motor-driven gimbal system to find maximum signal strength (without having the motors causing any interference as they position the gimbal).

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Most PhD candidates get thesis topics from their advisers. Why would you come to an online forum? Don't you think it would be in your interest to pick a topic that your adviser is interested in?

layxide11

Joined Jul 30, 2015
I don't see how there is much mechanical engineering in satellite communication that could be the subject of a PhD thesis. :confused:
About the only things mechanical I can think of is the antenna mount and perhaps the design/fabrication of the dish.
I taught as much too. Thanks

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Most PhD candidates get thesis topics from their advisers. Why would you come to an online forum? Don't you think it would be in your interest to pick a topic that your adviser is interested in?
Moreover, many PhD candidates survive on a graduate student's stipend. That stipend and the costs for the research come from the adviser's grants. Unless you are independently funded (stipend + costs), you need to work on something for which the adviser has funding.

Have you been accepted into a Ph.D. program yet? Do you have an adviser yet?

John

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I agree with comments in #5 and #7 above. You choose an adviser based on many criteria, and mutually arrive at a project. The project is just one factor and may well change either because of funding or because of your findings along the way. What's important is having a good relationship with your adviser and his team.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Are you applying for a Fulbright Scholarship (or other similar scholarship) that requires you to propose a research topic for Graduate-level awards?