PLC ladder diagram help

neededLotsofhelp

Joined Jun 22, 2015
I'm doing this for the first time and needed LOTS of help in it. I'm currently using a panasonic fp7 series plc, panasonic gt series touch screen and a cloud 4700f card reader for my project. The attached file is a sample of my flowchart needed to create a ladder diagram. I truly hoped that someone would help me or show me a sample of how the program is gonna be like. I'm really in balls deep. Please help thank you.

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I am not familiar with the Panasonic, but there are plenty of getting started video's on the web
etc.
You need to put together a list of the input devices you may need, Start PB, Stop PB etc and then preceed to write each function into each rung one rung at a time.
You really need access to a trainer PLC or one you can rig up temporarily in order to make any headway.
Max.

neededLotsofhelp

Joined Jun 22, 2015
Thanks for the video link max. I got a question if you know anything about card reader programming. What would the ladder be like for a card reader to work? Really appreciate your reply thanks alot.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I assume you mean interface a card reader with a PLC?
I haven't done anything in this area, but if the PLC has Modbus capability, this may be one option to look into.
Max.

RJohnson

Joined May 29, 2011
Before I switched to microcontrollers I did a lot of PLC work. You have made a start with a flowchart.
I suggest adding list of what goes where physically and then what is available to link things together with for communications.
You do have a task ahead but it is doable. Allow yourself some learning curve time. :)