Planning on starting a HI-FI audio business. Need advice.

coinmaster

Joined Dec 24, 2015
I just don't understand what's even good about it. It's just a bunch of bells and whistles with meh specs and a lot of power.

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I just don't understand what's even good about it. It's just a bunch of bells and whistles with meh specs and a lot of power.
http://dandagostino.com/history.php his reputation is what sells his products.

You have the spec sheet ... build one better with more features. I'm sure you can beat his price.

If you had completed your business model and marketing model, you would know who your competition was. In the audio world of Coinmaster and Dan D'agostino, the Curriculum Vitae leads one towards Dan.

Personally, I can think of better ways to spend 57k, but I will say, I just searched for a top ten power amplifiers and came up with that site. 57k amp ... well, the price drew me into looking at it.

You came and asked for business advice. There were ample examples of what you need to do, which you blew off. You can sell your designs or do what is necessary to get your business up and running. Investors will want to see tangible things like the plans. Some will ask about your sales to date. Inadequate answers will garner you nothing.

You asked why so much power? Well, there is a market for it and some will pay for their desires. You don't get to decide on how much power is adequate. You can decide on how much power you decide to design, manufacturer, and sell. Then there will be hackers who tinker with your design to make it better. There is a tube preamp called little bear. There are about 100 pages documenting changes to that at a hi fidelity website. It was ONLY 97 pages when I first read it.

No matter what I say, or what you think, I still wish you the best in your endeavor.

Last edited:

coinmaster

Joined Dec 24, 2015
You have the spec sheet ... build one better with more features. I'm sure you can beat his price
Lol, there is no reason for an amp to ever be that expensive unless you need something that can drive concert speakers or something crazy like that. Most of the cost in that amp is in the chassis, fancy features, and markup.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Lol, there is no reason for an amp to ever be that expensive unless you need something that can drive concert speakers or something crazy like that. Most of the cost in that amp is in the chassis, fancy features, and markup.
That is immaterial. If someone wants to buy that amp, who are you to complain about it.

coinmaster

Joined Dec 24, 2015
You're putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about peoples purchasing desires. I simply said the amp is a mathematical ripoff. People can enjoy it just as well at 1/10th the price.

Last edited:

Lyonspride

Joined Jan 6, 2014
High end audio is a funny industry, it's a very niche market where everyone knows everyone else and it's dominated by the opinions of people who are quite frankly just like wine tasters, they don't have a clue, they talk non-sense, but for some strange reason enough people listen to them. Having a great product isn't enough to guarantee success.