Pioneer SA-1040 Amplifier Fuse Keeps Blowing : ..#2

Ibre34

Joined Dec 26, 2020
Hello !

I am new to this… I have the KU versión.

According to the service manual the KU versión should have only one 6,3A fuse installed, right?

ku.JPG

The other slot should be empty?

The problem I have is some times when I increase the amp volumen the right channel stops responding.. no sound at all, only static.

The fuse doesn´t blow

Do you have any idea what the problema could be?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
It could be a bad connection between the actual amplifier output and the speaker.
There are two switches to turn on/off speakers A and speakers B. Move these two switches many times vigorously and see if that helps.

Rod777

Joined Aug 24, 2019
Hello !

I am new to this… I have the KU versión.

According to the service manual the KU versión should have only one 6,3A fuse installed, right?

View attachment 225982

The other slot should be empty?

The problem I have is some times when I increase the amp volumen the right channel stops responding.. no sound at all, only static.

The fuse doesn´t blow

Thanks a lot!
If this happens at high volume, first swap the left and right speakers over, if it still continues to be faulty, (now on the Left speaker) it will more than likely be in the amplifier itself. If the fault stays on the right speaker, then change to speaker with a known good one and see if the problem still exists. If this clears the fault then the speaker is the problem. If there is a problem in the amp, then please show the circuit of the driver and output stages, or if you have a signal tracer, follow the sound back toward the input stage. You will soon know if there is a fault between one point and another. You don't need an expensive device, any small amp and speaker will work as well as a you beaut. $Kkk's machine.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
If this happens at high volume, first swap the left and right speakers over, if it still continues to be faulty, (now on the Left speaker) it will more than likely be in the amplifier itself. If the fault stays on the right speaker, then change to speaker with a known good one and see if the problem still exists. If this clears the fault then the speaker is the problem.
This sounds backwards to me.
If you swap the speakers and the fault moves to the other channel then the problem is with the speaker or its wiring, If the fault remains on the same channel then the problem is in the amplfier.

Rod777

Joined Aug 24, 2019
My reasoning was a little confusing I will try to clarify. If the right channel is faulty, then by putting the left channel speaker on the right hand channel. If the speaker still shows a fault then both speakers having been used on the right channel shows that it is not the speaker, it must then be in the amplifier. I hope this clarifies my earlier answer. I sometimes fail to explain things clearly, unfortunately.
Regards,
Rod.