Pioneer AV receiver VSX-324 repair

Wilder1626

Joined Apr 17, 2022
Hi all.
This is my first posting, hope I'm at the right place.

I have a Pioneer Amplifier that does not want to power on.
Actually, it does a click, but does not Power on. If I keep pressing on the Power button for 2 seconds (2 to 3 relay clicks), then it powers on. Could that be a relay problem?

I've tested it with a multimeter, and I do have a continuity. So i don't know if this could be a intermittent problem.

What would you say could be the problem?

Thank you for your help.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Post the model of the amplifier, someone may have a solution. Otherwise, guessing in the dark does not work well.
It may be whatever is feeding the relay, the relay itself, of something else....

Wilder1626

Joined Apr 17, 2022
Thank you. I do hear a click, but no lights, no front panel lights up. The only time it really turns on is when it clicks 3 times (press for two seconds). After that, it works without any problem.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Thank you. I do hear a click, but no lights, no front panel lights up. The only time it really turns on is when it clicks 3 times (press for two seconds). After that, it works without any problem.
When you say "it works without any problem" are you say that the receiver is fully operational?

Wilder1626

Joined Apr 17, 2022
Correct. It is fully operational. In fact, I used it all day yesterday without any problem, after turning it on this way.

Connected to it: 1 TV, 6 surround speakers: subwoofer, front left and right, rear left and right and center, 1 Blu-ray, 1 TV terminal

Last edited:

Mgergo1998

Joined Aug 23, 2023
Correct. It is fully operational. In fact, I used it all day yesterday without any problem, after turning it on this way.

Connected to it: 1 TV, 6 surround speakers: subwoofer, front left and right, rear left and right and center, 1 Blu-ray, 1 TV terminal
Hi, i have the same problem, did you manage to solve this problem? Or if not is you reciever still working fine like this? Thank you if you answer!

Mod Tag: @Wilder1626

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
Some of these receivers have a self-test that will disable the speaker relays if a fault is detected. The service manual should explain how to reset that fault and/or display an error code. Common faults seem to be bad power amp output devices, and defective voltage regulators.