Pin audio connector

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
good morning gentlemen, today I want to ask you a very very simple question. So I bought a panel mount 3.5mm mono audio jack connector, as it has 3 pins, can you tell me which of the 3 is positive, gnd and disconnect? unfortunately I lost the tester and it didn't arrive before February. Im attaching the photo

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The bottom is open so if you look in there you will see that one terminal is connected to the switch actuator which will be the audio hot.

The one it is touching when there is no plug in place with be the 'normal', that is, the input that operates when nothing is plugged in.

The third terminal will be common.

Usually, but there is no guarantee, the one at the top running at right angles is the normal input. The one directly below it is common, and the the other is the audio out.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
The bottom is open so if you look in there you will see that one terminal is connected to the switch actuator which will be the audio hot.

The one it is touching when there is no plug in place with be the 'normal', that is, the input that operates when nothing is plugged in.

The third terminal will be common.

Usually, but there is no guarantee, the one at the top running at right angles is the normal input. The one directly below it is common, and the the other is the audio out.
thanks for the answer yakoov you are always kind, but I didn't understand anything, we use terms like: D=disconnection, GND=negative, +=positive, I've attached a photo based on what I understand

Attachments

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
It's audio - that's an AC signal, so there is no positive nor negative.
You can see the ground connector, it goes straight to the fixing nut.
Then look which one the plug touches when it is inserted, that's the signal.
The other one is the switch.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
It's audio - that's an AC signal, so there is no positive nor negative.
You can see the ground connector, it goes straight to the fixing nut.
Then look which one the plug touches when it is inserted, that's the signal.
The other one is the switch.
so from the image i attached the gnd is the one at the bottom as i drew in the attached image. but then the positive and the switch (disconnection) I can't see which one is it, could you tell me?

Attachments

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Ian is correct, it is a connector generally used for audio, not power. If the plug is the power source side, it will certainly be short circuited momentarily as it is inserted into the connection. The common side (sleeve) is the one towards the front. That should be clear feom close examination.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
Ian is correct, it is a connector generally used for audio, not power. If the plug is the power source side, it will certainly be short circuited momentarily as it is inserted into the connection. The common side (sleeve) is the one towards the front. That should be clear feom close examination.
yes, I already said it's an audio connector please tell me which of the three pins is the disconnect, the gnd and the positive, don't tell me the common side or other things because I don't understand, maybe draw me a little arrow

Attachments

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
There is no positive, it's an AC signal.
If you don't want to use the correct terminology, don't write to a technical forum.
You have three pins - signal, switch and ground. Ground is the one nearest the fixing nut. You can identify the other two just by looking at it.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
If you don't want to use the correct terminology, don't write to a technical forum.
You have three pins - signal, switch and ground. Ground is the one nearest the fixing nut. You can identify the other two just by looking at it.
I don't want to use the technical terms because I'm not practical yet. then the pin that is at the bottom, the closest to the bushing is the negative ok. for the other two behind I noticed that the pin above forms a kind of tongue, which touches the bottom pin, when I insert the jack, the tongue rises and no longer touches the lower pin but the jack, therefore the lower pin it's the switch, right?? so from the pictures I attached the pinout is right???Screenshot_20221221-165822.png

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
here is a rear image you can see that the upper pin forms a tab where it touches the lower pin in the first image without the jack. in the second image, however, with the jack inserted, the tongue rises and touches the tip of the jack and no longer touches the lower pin20221221_215512.jpg20221221_215748.jpg