Piezo Switch/Relay Question

tedb103689

Joined Nov 16, 2005
I am using the button in an automotive application (12 volts) to trigger a relay. I would like to use a Piezo touch switch with an LED indicator to trigger a transistor which will in turn power a relay. I have a circuit built to trigger the relay for ½ a second with a 20ms or greater pulse of the piezo switch. However the 2 volts across the piezo LED is presenting problems. Do you have a circuit with any of you piezo switches that might show how to setup this sort of circuit?

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by tedb103689@Nov 16 2005, 11:32 AM
I am using the button in an automotive application (12 volts) to trigger a relay. I would like to use a Piezo touch switch with an LED indicator to trigger a transistor which will in turn power a relay. I have a circuit built to trigger the relay for ½ a second with a 20ms or greater pulse of the piezo switch. However the 2 volts across the piezo LED is presenting problems. Do you have a circuit with any of you piezo switches that might show how to setup this sort of circuit?
[post=11690]Quoted post[/post]​

hi

could you show us the circuit of your project so we may know in detail your problem?

moz