Physics electricty and magnetism

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Without looking at the details of your work, your final answers agree closely with what I expect by inspection.

You need to do a better job of tracking your units, though you are making a significantly better effort than most.

You also need to be careful about polarities. It just happens that the two currents add because it just happens that they are flowing in the same direction. But nothing in your work indicates that you would have done anything different if, for instance, the current source had been sourcing current downward instead of upward. You need to clearly DEFINE the quantities you use -- and that means that when you define the current in the 10 kΩ resistor that you define what direction that current is flowing in.

Mikee32

Joined Mar 13, 2016
Without looking at the details of your work, your final answers agree closely with what I expect by inspection.

You need to do a better job of tracking your units, though you are making a significantly better effort than most.

You also need to be careful about polarities. It just happens that the two currents add because it just happens that they are flowing in the same direction. But nothing in your work indicates that you would have done anything different if, for instance, the current source had been sourcing current downward instead of upward. You need to clearly DEFINE the quantities you use -- and that means that when you define the current in the 10 kΩ resistor that you define what direction that current is flowing in.
Thank you so much !!! Honestly thank you, it's worth 20% of my module