Photovoltaic panel - SPICE model

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
It seemed almost right. The current/voltage slope at voltages above peak power seemed a bit off, but it was adequate for my requirements. I wondered if there was anything obvious that needed changing to improve it. I did note that IS=1e-11 and the saturation current is proportional to the cross-sectional area, and obviously, a solar panel with ten times the output current probably has ten times the cross-sectional area.

Photovoltaic Cell also known as a solar cell, is a device that converts light energy into electrical energy through the photovoltaic effect. It is made of semiconductor materials such as silicon, and is typically mounted on a rooftop or used in large solar panels to generate clean and renewable electricity. <deleted> are an important component in the development of solar power technology and play a significant role in reducing reliance on fossil fuels and mitigating climate change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Photovoltaic Cell also known as a solar cell, is a device that converts light energy into electrical energy through the photovoltaic effect. It is made of semiconductor materials such as silicon, and is typically mounted on a rooftop or used in large solar panels to generate clean and renewable electricity. <deleted> are an important component in the development of solar power technology and play a significant role in reducing reliance on fossil fuels and mitigating climate change.
Y'don't say! [British English] No s**t, Sherlock! [US English]

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Y'don't say! [British English] No s**t, Sherlock! [US English]
Ha ha, yes that reply about the definition sounds like an AI program output.
The only thing missing is:
"Be sure to check the manufacturers data sheet for more complete information".

To boost the power output of PV cells, they are connected together in chains to form larger units known as modules or panels. Modules can be used individually, or several can be connected to form arrays. One or more arrays is then connected to the electrical grid as part of a complete PV system. Because of this modular structure, PV systems can be built to meet almost any electric power need, small or large.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
To boost the power output of PV cells, they are connected together in chains to form larger units known as modules or panels. Modules can be used individually, or several can be connected to form arrays. One or more arrays is then connected to the electrical grid as part of a complete PV system. Because of this modular structure, PV systems can be built to meet almost any electric power need, small or large.
Question:
What do you tell someone that uses AI output verbatim under the pretense that it's their own?

[Start, answer provided by Copilot]
If someone is using AI output verbatim and presenting it as their own, it’s important to
remind them about the value of honesty and transparency. You could say something like:
“Hey, I noticed that the content you shared seems to be generated by an AI. It’s great that
you’re using AI tools, they can be really helpful! However, it’s important to give credit
where it’s due. If you’re using AI-generated content, it’s best to acknowledge it. This helps
maintain transparency and trust.”

Remember, while AI can generate impressive results, the creativity and thought process behind
using these tools is also valuable and worth acknowledging. It’s always best to use AI
responsibly and ethically.

[End, answer provided by Copilot]

The part I like the best about its answer is:
"This helps to maintain transparency and trust".
Forbes.com considers the use without acknowledgment a form of plagiarism.