Pending articles

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Several questions, do you want me to change what I have?

The web site I got this from is probably a bit unstable and might not be there in year or two, and I asked the owner how he wanted the credit caption to read, which is what I used.

I've also added a second picture to the text, this one I drew from scratch. To be honest I'm better at editing pictures, my HTML is fairly weak.

The original question is am I making the pictures too big? I remember reading the comment about dialup users. The ESD picture is 117K. The only way to reduce the size is to reduce the picture sizes. The second is under 6K, which I don't see as a problem. The captions are part of the image because I have better control over the format and justification. Again, if you don't like it I can change, but I'll need some input where we want to go.

There is still some work left on the submission, but have you and Dave thought about where it will be placed in the eBook and how it will read in the master index? If there is a local index this is probably the time to think about that too, along with the comments on the bottom.

Thanks.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Several questions, do you want me to change what I have?

The web site I got this from is probably a bit unstable and might not be there in year or two, and I asked the owner how he wanted the credit caption to read, which is what I used.

I've also added a second picture to the text, this one I drew from scratch. To be honest I'm better at editing pictures, my HTML is fairly weak.

The original question is am I making the pictures too big? I remember reading the comment about dialup users. The ESD picture is 117K. The only way to reduce the size is to reduce the picture sizes. The second is under 6K, which I don't see as a problem. The captions are part of the image because I have better control over the format and justification. Again, if you don't like it I can change, but I'll need some input where we want to go.
I would suggest the image is too big at 117k and if it needs trimming down in physical size to reduce the file size then so be it. I'd say 50-70K tops.

There is still some work left on the submission, but have you and Dave thought about where it will be placed in the eBook and how it will read in the master index? If there is a local index this is probably the time to think about that too, along with the comments on the bottom.

Thanks.
I will give the modified chapter a read through tomorrow to finalise any further corrections. I feel the submission is 95% there now. I don't know if you want to add any further parts - let me know and I can proofread that for you.

I have suggested a place in the other active thread on this: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showpost.php?p=64190&postcount=20

Let me know what you think that that thread. Thanks.

Dave