peltier tec temperature vs time graph

jiten msmd

Joined May 29, 2019
Can I operate peltier tec in low voltage via powerbank (5v and 2amp) ,how long it will take to get 10 degree celcius from 40 degree room temperature?

Last edited by a moderator:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Can I operate peltier tec in low voltage via powerbank (5v and 2amp) ,how long it will take to get 10 degree celcius from 40 degree room temperature?
Yes, and forever. I don’t have the specs in front of me but I don’t think you can achieve a delta T of 30C at low current. Depending on the size of your TEC, you may need more than 2A. Mine draws about 4A at 5V. I think it’s a 12709 but it’s been a long time since I checked.

jiten msmd

Joined May 29, 2019
sorry for not telling the specs its tec 12706 12v 6amp ,,,i am going to testing tec 12706 via powerbank and want to draw graph between temperature and time ,,,,i have small heatsink and fan 40mm x 40mm x 10 mm,,,thank you in advance

jiten msmd

Joined May 29, 2019
Yes, and forever. I don’t have the specs in front of me but I don’t think you can achieve a delta T of 30C at low current. Depending on the size of your TEC, you may need more than 2A. Mine draws about 4A at 5V. I think it’s a 12709 but it’s been a long time since I checked.
sorry for not telling the specs its tec 12706 12v 6amp ,,,i am going to testing tec 12706 via powerbank and want to draw graph between temperature and time ,,,,i have small heatsink and fan 40mm x 40mm x 10 mm,,,thank you in advance

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The TEC will achieve steady state within seconds of powering up. Do you need to measure it more accurately than that?

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Do you want to lower your room temperature by 10 degree Celsius?
Components in your formulae
Volume of the room and size between floor ceiling.
Air density and humidity.
Heat resistance from room to the world temperature.
size of Peltier element and his heat resistance.

In a few words difficult to calculate. (Air density and humidity will change during temperature change)

Picbuster