Pcb layout

Berzin

Joined Dec 17, 2020
Hi guys
Actually I am little new to the great world of pcb and I am working on a new project of my own so i have fews questions regarding it so please help me out if possible
I am making a machine which is been solely be working on pcb/ motherboard. So my first question is the pcb has atleast 6 to 7 main process ICs to function their individual process so how calculate the power requirements for the whole pcb as all processes are 12 volt each so the answer will be 12 volts or 72 volts
And secondly the main question that I am trying to trail my circuit design on the breadboard with 18volt and the circuit requires 12volts but the circuit is not working please any one explain me why is this happening and solutions for it

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Why do you thing the supply needs to tbe 72 volts when you have 6, 12-volt IC's?

Generally, one establishes a "12V Rail" and attaches the IC's in parallel to that rail, not in series.

Berzin

Joined Dec 17, 2020
hi Berzin,
Welcome to AAC.
Do you have a circuit diagram of your circuit that you could post.?
E
Thank you so much for your support
Please find the attachment sorry it's a rough and secondly I will separate the ground and positive on the pcb by using double layer pcb
All the ics are using 12 volts each please help me out

Mod: lightened your image.E

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Berzin

Joined Dec 17, 2020
hi Berzin,
Welcome to AAC.
E
Please find the attachment sorry it's a rough and secondly I will separate the ground and positive on the pcb by using double layer pcb

Berzin

Joined Dec 17, 2020
hi Berzin,
Welcome to AAC.
E

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
All of the ICs/arrays should work at 9V. That means there is something wrong with your design or the way it is assembled.

Your design has several essentially identical "cells." Make one cell and see if it works. Get it to work, then duplicate as needed.