PCB Books

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
The best I have seen is the OrCAD manuals that ship with the OrCAD software package. Do you not have these manuals, or are they not suitable for your needs?

I will also move this to the Electronic Resources forum where this is better suited.

Dave

mlkcampion

Joined Nov 16, 2006
Cheers Dave
I haven't even looked at those, but what was looking for something that
also covered good PCB design (layout technique etc) with Orcad?
I took a quick look through the help but couldn't find the documents, where
abouts would they be stored?
Thanks
Michael

mlkcampion

Joined Nov 16, 2006
What iam also looking for is a book that explains how to size tracks (basic stuff) but also delves into some of the tougher issues? Basically i have a good knowledge of electronics but i have never laid out a PCB and the software iam using is ORCAD.

Thanks

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Are you working with analogue or digital boards? There are books that cover analogue layout techniques and separate ones that cover high-speed digital boards. I have never seen ones that specifically cover OrCAD though.

The way we usually go about it is to get a good analogue and digital layout books, read through them and then do the layout with the chosen CAD package, referring to the manual for references and how to do things as required.

KDM

Joined Jun 2, 2007
There is one new one that just came out... "Complete PCB Design Using OrCAD Capture and Layout." The book provides an introduction to PCB design including: design for signal integrity (high speed stuff and EMI etc) and design for manufacturing (footprint design and layer stackup etc), and it describes how to 'do it' using the OrCAD design suite. It also comes with the 10.5 Demo CD and some design examples.