PCB 3D-modelling software

engr_david_ee

Joined Mar 10, 2023
I have been told that Fusion 360 is a software in which we can add two or three PCB's 3-D models and make a kind of multi-board 3-D model. Is it possible to get a free version of that software called Fusion 360 ?.

Can someone please suggest any other better software for 3-D modelling of PCBs.

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
KiCAD or the online EasyCAD tools are free & specifically for laying out a schematic, designing a PCB ad getting a 3D visualisation of it. Fusion360 is a engineering CAD package that has add-on modules for producing schematic and PCB layouts followed by 3D visualisation. The free for personal use version has limited electronics/PCB functionality.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
I am using KiCAD-7 and have not moved to 8 yet. I hear it has better 3D.
KiCAD does a good job with 3D on a single board.
The way I get multi-board to work is to export board2 to a .step file.
Lets say there is a connector from board1 to board2. Go to board1-connector and add board2.step to the connector. Now board1 will show board2 also. You can go into board1-connector and turn on/off the other board.

It is also possible to export all the board files to a .step or any universal file type and then bring them together in a different program.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I have been told that Fusion 360 is a software in which we can add two or three PCB's 3-D models and make a kind of multi-board 3-D model. Is it possible to get a free version of that software called Fusion 360 ?.

Can someone please suggest any other better software for 3-D modelling of PCBs.
I have a work related Fusion 360 premium sub. You can get trial of that from here.
https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/free-trial

Autodesk Fusion 360 is available for free personal use for individuals who are doing home-based, non-commercial design, manufacturing, and fabrication projects.
https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/personal

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Yes, I have been using Fusion 360 for years for 3D printing, and have paid a penny. Have not tried the PCB feature.