PC Monitor Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceMan

Joined Mar 27, 2004
Hi guys,
First of all a wonderful site for learning abt electronics and great forum.

Well I would like to know a good website to learn about the insides of the pc minitor, as in explains everypart of the insides of the monitor.

Because I have a monitor which works now and then. It keeps clicking and clicking till it scares everyone using it.
I would like to know about the monitor before attempting to repair myself.

Any good links?

I will come back here to ask if I am stuck halfway.
Thx

Vijay

SteveYTI

Joined Feb 9, 2004
I am not sure i have any good links for you... I repair old CRT based monitor systems here where I work all the time and it is not very easy on the heart. There is high voltage made in there and the warnings and cautions that speak of the circuitry retaining the capability of a HV shock should be understood before you proceed. If its new know that computer monitor manufacturers are using more digital equipment now than before. Just be careful I guess is the best advise

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
More bad news. The noise is probably the spark gap capacitors arcing over. They are usually green, with a small slot in them (the spark gap). They are there to prevent overly high potentials between elements in the crt.

After trying to do such repairs in a major university electronics shop, we abandoned the effort as just too much trouble. The engineering runs everything right at the limits, so any problem usually results in a cascade of failures.

Try Computer Geeks. You can probably get a larger monitor that works well for less than the price of the repair parts. Monitors are very hard to get to internally, and designs vary all over the place. They all work alike, but do it differently in terms of components used.

Status
Not open for further replies.