PC Board Fab Houses

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Ok... it's they have good PCB quality for industrial ?, my PCB is want to be used inside factory (with dusty and may vibrsted and moisty environment, inside printing factory wall and also inside printing machine)
jlcpcb.com is OK for industrial if you upgrade the PCB a bit with plating and maybe a high quality PCB substrate beyond the default quality.. That upps the price to near what you will pay at a higher quality house like OSHPark.

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/male-header-pins-punching-through-pcb.165323/post-1458432

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
jlcpcb.com is OK for industrial if you upgrade the PCB a bit with plating and maybe a high quality PCB substrate beyond the default quality.. That upps the price to near what you will pay at a higher quality house like OSHPark.

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/male-header-pins-punching-through-pcb.165323/post-1458432
It's a point well made. My statement was that ensuring the PCB is right for the environment it's going in to is much more about the design of the circuit, board layout, component selection, assembly process, etc than the quality of finish of the PCB. Accepted jlcpcb's basic product may not meet the requirements for the final boards but it'll be good enough for the first-pass test prototypes and the board spec can be upped later when appropriate. Judging by the level and quantity of questions across the board from that specific individual leads me to believe that they are well out of their depth on a major project with little expertise or experience, and that last statement confirms that in my mind.

metermannd

Joined Oct 25, 2020
Seems like shipping from JLC to the USA is getting slower every time I order.

OSHspark would seem a good alternative, too bad their solder mask color options are purple, purple, and purple.

Any other US based board houses that do proto quantities?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
I went with NextPCB. 4 stars.

They have an introductory special for a 2-layer board less than 4 x 4 inches. I packed pc board designs for three small projects into that size, with gaps and guidelines for the band saw.

Board quality was excellent. I changed the font stroke width on some of the reference designators to see what they could do. Things were perfectly acceptable at 5 mil, and perfect at 8 mil.

For things like this, I am the assembly service.

ak

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Oscar Wilde — 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that ...'

JLC purple. I ordered a prototype board with upgrades (gold plating and FR-4 TG155) to see how it will match-up to OSH.

PXL_20220901_011414986.jpgPXL_20220901_011443194.jpg