PC audio controller/car audio interface HELP

coldjoint

Joined Dec 9, 2006
ashamed to say this old fart (ASEE, ASCE, NICET cert.) has been away from the books/bench for so long I'm nearly rusted out. Could the younger/sharper lend a hand?
The project: drive amp boosted computer speakers with AUX out from modern car audio.
The specs (as well as I've been able to find):
'The Driven'
OEM speakers from HP6400NX series PC (i.e. realtek ALC201 audio controller chipset w/ intel 82801 & ac97 codec driver). Speaker inspection shows: 4 ohm element driven w/ 12V1A amp w/ vol. pot. in L speaker box. These will sit each side head rest.
'The Driver'
SANYO RAM-1800 car reciever/tape w/ 'AUX' out.
My recollection is 'AUX' is pre-amp out w/ 2V? rca spec.
'The Problem'
after quite a bit of noodling around net cannot find/confirm what the realtek audio controller is expecting (i.e. design spec) to 'see' at its 'speaker out' plug. Further, regretably cannot recall nor find output/impedance specs. for RCA AUX (if, indeed, correct on pre-amp out convention).
Yes, I can just 'fire it up' but experience tells me when I'm flying in fog not to descend without contacting tower. Any whizez out there willing to be 'tower' on potential impedance mis-matches. Regards & season's greetings, bill harris in palm harbor (no snow), FL, usa

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
It's just a set of amplified speakers. They all have an input impeadence of around 20 to 100Kohm.... the Aux output of the stereo will be much lower.. and probably a little more drive voltage than required.
Just hook em up for goodness sake..... the worst that could happen is gonna be overdrive distortion, in which case Pad it.
Signal to noise.... which being your average Amplified speakers using a cheap single chip amp is probably an issue anyway.
Hook it up, and use your ears.
Don't bog yourself down with matching, levels, and generally trying to Over-engineer a basic concept.
It's a Line level Amp, amplifying Line level.

coldjoint

Joined Dec 9, 2006
no mountains! roger that, tower. advise "Pad it", over. seriously, thanks reassurance, lead astray by 'hand-wringing' threads re: impedance matching this site. fan of bill munroe legend. regards,