Paying for components using paypal

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
So I tried to order parts from Digikey, then Newark, and finally Mouser, and none of them accept paypal... do any of you guys know of an electronic components seller that accepts paypal?

This is what I need to buy:

.------------------------------
. Qty #Cat Price
. 100 LM2903P $14.00
. 5 KAL50FB2R00 $18.20
. 100 1N5817 $16.38
. 1000 RC0805FR-0730KL $3.79
. 1000 RC0805FR-071K5L $3.79
. 1000 RC0805FR-07680RL $3.79
. 1000 RC0805FR-07270RL $3.79
. Total: $63.74

Thanks

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
You might also want to consider a one-time/reloadable debit card. This method is useful for sites that you shy from giving a "real" card number to.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If you run into a problem, I wonder if Digikey would allow me to charge them and ship to your address and you pay my Paypal, although I have to declare on each order whether the parts are to be exported.
Max.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
If you run into a problem, I wonder if Digikey would allow me to charge them and ship to your address and you pay my Paypal, although I have to declare on each order whether the parts are to be exported.
Max.
Thanks for the offer, Max. It's very much appreciated, really. I have a friend in Texas that comes down here regularly that's going to do me the favor, so problem solved.

Thanks again!

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
PayPal and Ebay have recently (April 2015) changed the rules and procedures in the UK at least.

Somehow I how get an Email saying 'we are processing this'

Meaning we will be applying the direct debit in 1 week's time.

Then I get another Email saying they are applying the direct debit today.

They said they are now separated from Ebay somehow.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
PayPal and Ebay have recently (April 2015) changed the rules and procedures in the UK at least.

Somehow I how get an Email saying 'we are processing this'

Meaning we will be applying the direct debit in 1 week's time.

Then I get another Email saying they are applying the direct debit today.

They said they are now separated from Ebay somehow.
Something similar happened with Digikey... I know that last year they would accept paypal, but now they don't take it anymore... wonder why.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
I don't know the ins and outs of it, but I got the imprression there was some regulatory reason.

I can't see how they can have fully parted company.

Ebay own PayPal (or did).

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
This is a quote out of Paypals current privacy policy, effective until July 1 2015

"We may share your personal information with:

• Members of the eBay Inc. corporate family -- like eBay, StubHub or Bill Me Later, Inc.-- to provide joint content, products, and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services, and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services."
Merchants are dropping some pay service partners because the partner won't share personal information with anyone except you and your bank. This is currently happening to ApplePay.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
This is a quote out of Paypals current privacy policy, effective until July 1 2015

"We may share your personal information with:

• Members of the eBay Inc. corporate family -- like eBay, StubHub or Bill Me Later, Inc.-- to provide joint content, products, and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services, and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services."
Merchants are dropping some pay service partners because the partner won't share personal information with anyone except you and your bank. This is currently happening to ApplePay.
So Paypal is being dropped because it's protecting its customer's interests?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
This is what I recieved from them:

eBay and PayPal will be separate companies soon. You can be confident that we're still committed to offering you seamless buying and selling on eBay. We just want to let you know about updates to the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Notice.

Our updated User Agreement and Privacy Notice take effect for new users on May 1, 2015 and on June 15, 2015 for all other users. The updated User Agreement and Privacy Notice were posted on www.ebay.com on May 1, 2015.

Key updates to the eBay User Agreement:
  • Fees, holds, returns & cancellations, and eBay Money Back Guarantee: Users now authorize eBay to instruct PayPal to make deductions from their PayPal account(s) for fees, returned items, items not as described, return shipping, cancellations (under our new cancellation policy), and eBay Money Back Guarantee reimbursements. eBay will recommend, rather than request, when PayPal can restrict funds in a seller's PayPal account. We clarified language for holding seller funds, placing charges on a seller invoice and/or charging a payment method on file, and removing funds in a buyer's currency.
  • Authorization to contact you and record calls: We simplified and clarified the language for: (1) consent for eBay to contact you with auto-dialed or pre-recorded calls or by SMS; (2) eBay sharing phone numbers with our authorized service providers; and (3) for eBay recording/monitoring calls.
  • Agreement to arbitrate: Clarified that the laws of Utah apply to claims arising from our User Agreement unless Utah law is inconsistent with, or preempted, by Federal law. eBay will no longer pay some arbitration costs for claims greater than US$10,000.
  • Other changes: We've made updates globally to describe policies for abuse of eBay services. Users that register or use an account on behalf of a company must be authorized by that company to register or use that account. Accounts registered on behalf of a company are owned by that company. We also updated various eBay company addresses.

Key updates to the eBay Privacy Notice:
  • eBay and PayPal data sharing: An entirely new sub-section under Disclosure to cover the authorized data sharing between eBay and PayPal.
  • Contacting users via electronic means: Additional language regarding our ability to contact users via email and on mobile devices — we have added/clarified some of the language in our Use and Retention section regarding our use of some personal information (emails, mobile phone numbers) to contact users. This language is parallel to changes made in the User Agreement in this regard, and provides us additional legal protection in most of our jurisdictions, especially in the US and Canada.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
You might also want to consider a one-time/reloadable debit card. This method is useful for sites that you shy from giving a "real" card number to.
Any idea whether that's available in the UK?

I don't trust my PC, and some places I'd like to order from won't take phone orders.