partial differential

eggtree

Joined Nov 28, 2006
f(x,y)=x2 In( (3 y2 2x)

= [x2 a/ax In(3 y2-2x)+In(3 y2 -2x) a/ax x2]dx + [x2 *1/3 y2-2x a/ay(3 y2 - 2x)]dy

why is solving dx and dy different ?Not symm matter?

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
f(x,y)=x2 In( (3 y2 2x)

= [x2 a/ax In(3 y2-2x)+In(3 y2 -2x) a/ax x2]dx + [x2 *1/3 y2-2x a/ay(3 y2 - 2x)]dy

why is solving dx and dy different ?Not symm matter?
It does. When derivating in terms of x, you consider y as a constant. When derivating in terms of y, you consider x as a constant. Hence two different results.

eggtree

Joined Nov 28, 2006
Essentially yes. The differential rules that apply to x in this instance are as those that you would apply to a constant.

Dave
Can I know how was dy work out.I mean the working. I am still a little confused.Pls enlight.Thanks.

I have scan a copy of the question but seem like the there is some error in here. I not able to upload file.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Can I know how was dy work out.I mean the working. I am still a little confused.Pls enlight.Thanks.

I have scan a copy of the question but seem like the there is some error in here. I not able to upload file.
Sure, but can I ask that you write up the original formula so that it reads correctly?

f(x,y)=x2 In( (3 y2 2x)

The bit inside the bracket makes little sense as it is written above.

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Scan your image to your PC.

Click on 'Post Reply'.

Scroll down to Manage Attachments and click on the button - this will launch a new window/tab from where you can select and upload you image.

Submit your reply in th normal way.

Dave

eggtree

Joined Nov 28, 2006
The safety pin like icon is not highlighted when pointing the curser at it.There is also a message at the bottom left hand side saying: Done,but with error on page .

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
The safety pin like icon is not highlighted when pointing the curser at it.There is also a message at the bottom left hand side saying: Done,but with error on page .
Don't use the 'safety pin', use the 'Manage Attachments' button on the Additional Options section below the Reply to Thread section.

Additionally, the error is an issue at the client side. Do you have another web browser you can use to see if you upload the image?

Dave

eggtree

Joined Nov 28, 2006
Don't use the 'safety pin', use the 'Manage Attachments' button on the Additional Options section below the Reply to Thread section.

Additionally, the error is an issue at the client side. Do you have another web browser you can use to see if you upload the image?

Dave
Sorry for my case, there is no manage attachment on the additional options section.I couldn't find it.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Here is a screen shot that shows the "Manage Attachments" button in the "Additional Options" panel that is available when you use the standard "Post Reply" feature. The "Quick Reply" feature does not have this function.

hgmjr

Attachments

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
this is a problem with browser download mozilla ff or upload to some server and post the link is what i wud advise.

eggtree

Joined Nov 28, 2006
Here is a screen shot that shows the "Manage Attachments" button in the "Additional Options" panel that is available when you use the standard "Post Reply" feature. The "Quick Reply" feature does not have this function.

hgmjr
My screen do not have the feature of what you have made a circle on it.No Manage attachment button available.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
My screen do not have the feature of what you have made a circle on it.No Manage attachment button available.
eggtree,

Firstly, can you firstly clarify what browser you are using? And what if any add-ons, extensions that you are using (e.g. ad-blockers etc).

Secondly, can you go to:

- UserCP (top-left)
- Edit Options (on left)

Scroll to the bottom - Miscellaneous Options - and check that your Message Editor Interface is set to either the "Standard Editor" or "Enhanced Interface". If not, change it to one of the options and save your settings. Does this help?

Dave

eggtree

Joined Nov 28, 2006
eggtree,

Firstly, can you firstly clarify what browser you are using? And what if any add-ons, extensions that you are using (e.g. ad-blockers etc).

Secondly, can you go to:

- UserCP (top-left)
- Edit Options (on left)

Scroll to the bottom - Miscellaneous Options - and check that your Message Editor Interface is set to either the "Standard Editor" or "Enhanced Interface". If not, change it to one of the options and save your settings. Does this help?

Dave
I have tried to change the setting but it did not work.So I try it attached the file using the pc at my work place.

Here is the file about the math question.Thks.

Attachments