Paco AVR 3000VA unusual lights

Binary492

Joined Mar 8, 2023
Dear All,
I am happy to join this family.
I have a Paco Automatic Voltage Regulator 3000VA that is working in a wired way.
Please find attached photo of the AVR.
I hope for someone to help explain what happen and what I should to sole the problem.

Hope to hear from everyone soon.
Thomas 20230307_083157.jpg

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
First, "an unusual way" tells me nothing at all as to what the issue is, and thus there is no way I can suggest any solution. My mind-reading ability is very poor..
So if the Thread Starter will explain what the perceived problem is then A possible solution could be suggested.

Binary492

Joined Mar 8, 2023
Tthanks Wayneh for your prompt response. Unfortunately I inherited the equipment without any manual. Like you suggested, I will get back to the manufacturer.

Thanks!
First, "an unusual way" tells me nothing at all as to what the issue is, and thus there is no way I can suggest any solution. My mind-reading ability is very poor..
So if the Thread Starter will explain what the perceived problem is then A possible solution could be suggested.
Hi MisterBill2,

Thanks for the willingness to come up with possible solution.

I have been using this AVR to regulate the voltage from 170 to 220 volts. The AVR is only serving a 12000 BTU split unit AC. I have been using the AVR for nearly a year without any problem. About a week ago, the AC went off. Checking to know what was the problem, I saw the unusual light on with the HHH flashing for input volt and U-P for out volt.

What did I do:
1. I switched off the AVR to cool down. Thereafter I tried switching it on again but keeps on flashing the same messages.

2. Switched it off for the whole day to see if it will reset by itself again which did not happen.
Now I am looking for someone who will help in this situation

Binary492

Joined Mar 8, 2023
Hi MisterBill2,

Thanks for the willingness to come up with possible solution.

I have been using this AVR to regulate the voltage from 170 to 220 volts. The AVR is only serving a 12000 BTU split unit AC. I have been using the AVR for nearly a year without any problem. About a week ago, the AC went off. Checking to know what was the problem, I saw the unusual light on with the HHH flashing for input volt and U-P for out volt.

What did I do:
1. I switched off the AVR to cool down. Thereafter I tried switching it on again but keeps on flashing the same messages.

2. Switched it off for the whole day to see if it will reset by itself again which did not happen.
Now I am looking for someone who will help in this situation

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, I am guessing that "AVR" is the acronym for Automatic Voltage Regulator, and that you have been using it to power a medium sized air conditioning system that probably has three motors, one of them a fair sized compressor.
IF the device has a current rating given some place on the case, I suggest comparing that with the nameplate current rating on the cooling system. I also suggest looking very closely to see if there is a reset control of some sort.
It would also be worth while to try the regulator device on another load, such as an incandescent light. Trying it on a much smaller load may reveal that the problem is with the AC unit, not the regulator.
It may be that the device has over heated. It is also possible that some part has failed.

By regulating the voltage from 170 to 220 do you mean that the input was varying that much? Or that the input supply was 170 volts and the output was 220 volts?