Overpriced gadgets

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
WHAT? Who?
Morita launched magnetic recording manufacturing in Japan but he certainly did not invent it.

BASF (the tape) and AEG (the recorder) were about 15 years ahead of Morita.
They invented the Walkman and they produced very early transistor radios. And they were involved to refine existing recorders into marketable products. They started directly after WW2 in bombed out Tokyo very small scale. One of the first companies to make use of early transistors.

Without SONY, it would be different (think M. Jacksons record label was a SONY subsidiary + Jackson had a personal attachment to SONY).

Who ever said listening to songs on daily basis from electronic recordings would be beneficiary or even good at all? Nearly everybody does it and it is a billion dollars industry with loads of job roles- thing is, they don't make anything actually. You cant eat a song you cant live inside a record you cant survive with a song a song wont protect you from daily incidents and accidents and body pain.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
They invented the Walkman and they produced very early transistor radios. And they were involved to refine existing recorders into marketable products. They started directly after WW2 in bombed out Tokyo very small scale. One of the first companies to make use of early transistors.

Without SONY, it would be different (think M. Jacksons record label was a SONY subsidiary + Jackson had a personal attachment to SONY).

Who ever said listening to songs on daily basis from electronic recordings would be beneficiary or even good at all? Nearly everybody does it and it is a billion dollars industry with loads of job roles- thing is, they don't make anything actually. You cant eat a song you cant live inside a record you cant survive with a song a song wont protect you from daily incidents and accidents and body pain.

No, you can't use music as a tool or for metabolic fuel but nearly every culture has developed music. Humans somehow need it. I completely disagree about your body pain comment. I think people who that listen to music are happier, have more resistance to adversity and are more creative than those who do not.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
No, you can't use music as a tool or for metabolic fuel but nearly every culture has developed music. Humans somehow need it. I completely disagree about your body pain comment. I think people who that listen to music are happier, have more resistance to adversity and are more creative than those who do not.
Not too long ago, hearing a performance was a rare event. nowadays people are hoarding thousands of songs.

The lyrics often have no correlation to anything.

OK I listened today:

Iron Maiden - The thin line between love and hate (i bough the CD some while ago and with that, listening rights)

EXO - WOLF (korean boyband, I found this song socially somehow)

Moreover, the acoustic performance of the recorded noise in most cases does not any correlation to the environment at all- why hear baby,baby,baby all the time? It''s a brainwash if you have to hear it 20000 times with no correlation.

Brian Griffin

Joined May 17, 2013
Whatever is listened by a person are all depends on a person's perspective. Some lyrics may or may not make sense at all, but if the music is good, it sounds great. Listening to a favourite music/tune is a rewarding experience, and it drives people to want to listen to it again. Music does provides inspiration to people too. What have drive me to learn FFT (Fast Fourier Transform), learning microcontrollers or understanding mathematics are all because I partly grow up in a musical background too. :)

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Some anti-JP sentiment as usual not a long way to go until encountering it just statistically when posting on public forums.

I have been there. What you write is fictional.
What I write is history. Learn from it or relive it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/japan-economy-disaster-2013-5

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2013/4041kotegawa_warns_collapse.html

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/the-stock-market-in-japan-is-collapsing

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesgruber/2013/08/10/a-japanese-crisis-nears/

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
It is interesting to see the GDP graphs, and compare with the habitable and arable areas.

Japan is a small island indeed a group of islands, and most of it is mountains. Population is about double of what is sustainable- one of the reasons why population is not growing anymore. It is simply not possible.

Most foreigners judge Japan in terms of their own domestic economy but indeed it does not work that way.

I was not so wrong about China. you can see the GDP starts to rise shortly before 1990. Still most of China is not so much developed- it is only a few areas.

Population increased exponentially on a global level- mostly by using fossil fuels. These become more and more expensive.

Economies are not so much the work of banks and politicans and not so much governed by policies at all.

They are a result of exploitation of resources, and of labour force from abroad.

Most economies here in the west are fake- they rely on the input of fossil fuels and the foreign cheap labour. Besides that, there are too many service jobs, tourism and restaurants.

Like in the homefront trailer- gas prices inflating 10x as much- that is not so much science fiction.

BACK TO TOPIC- overpriced gadgets

It is made in China and available for $1. So the factory gets less than $1 and the worker- 5 cents?

Compare to 30 dollar 5 cents- 1:600 factor.

The staff in the retail store mostly stand around do nothing they don't produce a thing. Till jobs are totally replaceable by automated computer tills we already have them in some supermarkets.

So there are numerous middlemen who in fact do little to nothing just making money from their trade relationships and insider knowledge.

That way, most people have to work full time, most dont have it easy to find a job and some even cant get a job.

Indeed it would be possible for everyone just to work 20 hours and have plenty of money.

Do you think if the price is increased by factor 600, and no visible value is added and no real work is done besides logistics such as storing and shipping and retail sales, resources are distributed equally and fairly?

If the graphs flutter a little 0.5 or 1%, politicans and economists make big talk of economy recovering- 5 moths later they talk about disaster. It is almost random.

I go to a nice hotel and attend a meeting with other economists and representatives from industry lobby and politics- OK my wellbeing is improving.

The hotel is not so nice- my wellbeing isn't so good this time. IMF dinner 600 dollar each person, congrulations. DPRK people can survive from $50 a month. OK collapse of same is imminent since a few years.

Borders are inside your heads- DPRK and japanese are essentially the same people.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I vote for the explanation the distributor does not like this retail chain so they ship them gadgets which will fail prematurely.

It has happened the second time now.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I was not so wrong about China.
Really. Look again. China's economy is already collapsing which would be widely known if not for the fact they hide information and lie about what's going on. Their debt crisis is unsustainable, they are in big trouble.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stratfor/2013/07/23/the-end-of-the-chinese-economic-miracle/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-08/did-soros-just-predict-a-china-crash-.html

Last week, the crisis was announced with a flourish. First, The New York Times columnist and Nobel Prize-recipient Paul Krugman penned a piece titled “Hitting China’s Wall.” He wrote, “The signs are now unmistakable: China is in big trouble. We’re not talking about some minor setback along the way, but something more fundamental. The country’s whole way of doing business, the economic system that has driven three decades of incredible growth, has reached its limits. You could say that the Chinese model is about to hit its Great Wall, and the only question now is just how bad the crash will be.”

The New York Times, Barron’s and Goldman Sachs are all both a seismograph of the conventional wisdom and the creators of the conventional wisdom. Therefore, when all three announce within a few weeks that China’s economic condition ranges from disappointing to verging on a crash, it transforms the way people think of China. Now the conversation is moving from forecasts of how quickly China will overtake the United States to considerations of what the consequences of a Chinese crash would be.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Really. Look again. China's economy is already collapsing which would be widely known if not for the fact they hide information and lie about what's going on. Their debt crisis is unsustainable, they are in big trouble.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stratfor/2013/07/23/the-end-of-the-chinese-economic-miracle/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-08/did-soros-just-predict-a-china-crash-.html
so the chinese economy without unemployment is "inefficient" but our ecconomies with real unemployment upto 50% for current generation, are "efficient".

Being able to buy a gadget for $1 instead of $30- inefficient.
Having to shell out $30 + quality not OK - efficient.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I bought it, paid the high price (other readers upto 50 Euro), and hoped at least I obtain a well functioning, high quality reader.

have to push the card all the time it;s very loose.
Saw it online for $1.
Ordered a few readers of a different making but that takes weeks to arrive.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
And could take a lot less time to fix than the time you spent typing complaints into the forum... ;)
isnt fixable. ordered a few other card readers already.

Prices here:

Card reader upto 50 Euro
Laptop adapter: upto 100 Euro
Cables: 20 Euro

OK I put LEDs on eBay, $1 each, using that business model, sure.

But I guess customers would expect them to work 100% not just take a one cent LED from a bag + dont care.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
So, the symptom is as you stated, supported by the multitude of sd cards that you complained about. Have you checked to see if the sockt
socket is bad?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S General Electronics Chat 10
A General Electronics Chat 3