Oscillating magnetic field

Status
Not open for further replies.

8dm7bz

Joined Jul 21, 2020
Hello,
I want to reproduce a paper I read about magentic tracking. I have trouble undertanding how the oscillating magentic field is produced. On page 3 of the paper they outline how their circuit looks like.
It has a signal generator (AD9833) that generates a 100KHz signal. That in turn feeds into an active band pass filter (AD8616) which then goes into a multiplexer and is switched between 3 coils.

I ask myself wether or not the signal ever is negative ? Or is it just a pulsed DC signal. But if that's the case, what does the bandpass filter do ? And if it's pulsed DC, is it generating an oscillating magnetic field ?
So I guess my question is: Is thesignal that goes into each coil a pulsed DC signal or an AC signal ?

thanks,
8dm7bz

sparky 1

Joined Nov 3, 2018
A tech conference has demos and speakers that talk about what research companies are trying to market. They try to explain why certain features and benefits of their designs are worthwhile, the paper is written from information that those companies submit as part of their exhibit summary.
If you want to replicate a model you can research the history of development and patents. The VR component is a sensor for determining rotation.
The device is built in functional sections and brought together with a microprocessor much like zoom and auto focus only in this it senses angular momentum rendering motion of rotation.
https://3dcoil.grupopremo.com/blog/electromagnetic-tracking-systems-virtual-reality/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.