optocoupler recommendation

k1ng 1337

Joined Sep 11, 2020
Hi,

I would like to purchase and/or build an optocoupler for general low power applications. I have played with the 4n26 and is a poor choice. The primary use would be decoupling a Raspberry Pi from whatever I'm working with such as an Arduino with a number of sensors. I generally tinker with 3.3/5V and switch less than 1A and intend to learn more about coupling and how to modulate and demodulate data between devices via optics. I am looking for two types of IC, digital and linear. I have a few infrared emitters and photodiodes and am interested in building some circuits in an enclosed black box for fun as well.

Regards,
Mark

Last edited:

drjohsmith

Joined Dec 13, 2021
Hi,

I would like to purchase and/or build an optocoupler for general low power applications. I have played with the 4n26 and is a poor choice. The primary use would be decoupling a Raspberry Pi from whatever I'm working with such as an Arduino with a number of sensors. I generally tinker with 3.3/5V and switch less than 1A and intend to learn more about coupling and how to modulate and demodulate data between devices via optics. I am looking for two types of IC, digital and linear. I have a few infrared emitters and photodiodes and am interested in building some circuits in an enclosed black box for fun as well.

Regards,
Mark

Can I point you at the ADI web site of isolator devices for various protocoles
https://www.analog.com/en/products/interface-isolation/isolation.html