Opinions wanted on circuit design

Guest1999354

Joined Nov 20, 2015
I am looking to make possible project with NFC and RFID tags. Looking for opinions or resources.

Here's the idea;
How many of you have ever taken something out of your pocket, for instance your key ring or cigarette lighter and laid it down somewhere, and forgot where you put it? How many lighters, pocket knifes, keys etc etc have you ever lost in your couch or left in your car and spent all day trying to find it?

Well image if you could take a chip in the form of a sticker or paper tag that would stick to an object, such as your keys, your wallet, even a diamond ring etc and if within proximity of a radio device such as your cell phone, could beep a tone, flash a light or echo a radio signal and locate itself?

Something like paging a cordless phone when its lost? But for any small, personal object. Does such a device exist?

I am looking to make possible project with NFC and RFID tags. Looking for opinions or resources.

Here's the idea;
How many of you have ever taken something out of your pocket, for instance your key ring or cigarette lighter and laid it down somewhere, and forgot where you put it? How many lighters, pocket knifes, keys etc etc have you ever lost in your couch or left in your car and spent all day trying to find it?

Well image if you could take a chip in the form of a sticker or paper tag that would stick to an object, such as your keys, your wallet, even a diamond ring etc and if within proximity of a radio device such as your cell phone, could beep a tone, flash a light or echo a radio signal and locate itself?

Something like paging a cordless phone when its lost? But for any small, personal object. Does such a device exist?
There are very few new ideas. If you think you have a new one, there is something in a person's brain that strongly discourages googling to see if it exists and bursts a bubble that isolates you from reality. Once you get over it, you not only search the easy way (commercialized products) but you can also search patents to see if someone had the idea and could be blocking your efforts to commercialize your idea.

Last edited:

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
Most of the stuff has already been done. There is 7bil. people on earth so there will always be people thinking about the same idea as you at the same time.The one which figures this out first will be the winner.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Nothing like having your dreams crushed in an instant..
I love having my dreams crushed! Then I can more on to better ones!
Nothing worse than wasting mental bandwidth on an idea that has no value, there is always a better one to take it's place.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
One of the essential ideas in the entrepreneurial world is the benefit of quick intelligent failure. This is a good thing because it allows you to cut your losses and move on to a potential success. The opposite of quick intelligent failure is slow stupid failure. This is where you are so in love with an idea that you are physically unable to let go despite the fact that it continues to consume resources with no prospects of success. Is Twitter engaging in slow stupid failure? That remains to be seen, but it sure looks like it.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
"Does such a device exist?"

Yes. But that doesn't mean your idea is dead - you could make a better one.

A more interesting idea is a phone app that would allow remote location and disabling of phones. Aka find my iPhone.