Operational Amplifier with Voltage between 1-2 V and frequency above 50MHz in LTspice

s.tahir

Joined Mar 6, 2020
I am currently trying to make a Colpitts oscillator. I have to choose an Operational Amplifier in LTspice that can work perfectly in 1-2V range and with a frequency greater than 50MHz.

I will be thankful if someone can tell me which Oscillator I can choose from LTspice, that can fulfill these two requirements.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I am currently trying to make a Colpitts oscillator. I have to choose an Operational Amplifier in LTspice that can work perfectly in 1-2V range and with a frequency greater than 50MHz.

I will be thankful if someone can tell me which Oscillator I can choose from LTspice, that can fulfill these two requirements.
The use of opamps for VHF oscillators is rare in my experience. Is there some reason for this expectation that such a thing is possible.

I see the use of the AD8099 for such an application, but alas no model in the standard LTSpice installation. You might check with the LTSpice Users' Group at groups.io

Last edited: