operational amplifier dc input ?

Xufyan

Joined Aug 3, 2010
I have a question regarding opamp,

i have a non-inverting amlifier problem with Rf and Ri is given but the input voltage is not given however input DC voltage is -1.7 volt.

according to the formula,

Vo = (1+ Rf/Ri)x Vi(ac)

how can i solve if the DC input voltage is given but not AC :confused:

Xufyan

Joined Aug 3, 2010
why would there be a capacitor in a non-inverting amplifier :S

will it be Av = (1+ Rf/R)x Dc input ???

i have checked a non-inverting amp in multisim with a DC input voltage , the output is 'ZERO'

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
I have a question regarding opamp,

i have a non-inverting amlifier problem with Rf and Ri is given but the input voltage is not given however input DC voltage is -1.7 volt.

according to the formula,

Vo = (1+ Rf/Ri)x Vi(ac)

how can i solve if the DC input voltage is given but not AC :confused:
It's not clear what you want to solve. Do you want to know the gain? Well you have the formula... The AC-gain will also depend on the frequency of the AC-signal.
Or do you want to know the AC output voltage? That would be impossible, since you don't have the input voltage.

And what's the DC- voltage doing there?:confused:

Xufyan

Joined Aug 3, 2010
It's not clear what you want to solve. Do you want to know the gain? Well you have the formula... The AC-gain will also depend on the frequency of the AC-signal.
Or do you want to know the AC output voltage? That would be impossible, since you don't have the input voltage.

And what's the DC- voltage doing there?:confused:
this is what i am thinking :S why there is no AC i/p voltage mentioned ?? :S

and what does DC voltage is doing there :S

this is what question says,

Determine the output voltage of Non-inverting amplifier if Rf=120k and Ri =39k and the DC input voltage is -1.7 volts ?

Book: Fundamentals of Operational Amplifiers and Linear Integrated Circuits by Howard M.Berlin and Frank C Getz, Jr.

Problem 10 , Chapter 2

Last edited:

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Determine the output voltage of Non-inverting amplifier if Rf=120k and Ri =39k and the DC input voltage is -1.7 volts ?

Book: Fundamentals of Operational Amplifiers and Linear Integrated Circuits by Howard M.Berlin and Frank C Getz, Jr.

Problem 10 , Chapter 2
It doesn't say anything about AC. <they want to know the DC-output voltage.

edit: oops I guess I'm several posts too late