Only one bid so far. Am I doing something wrong?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
$255 seems pretty darn good considering that nets you a much better scope for well less than $200.

Sorry didn't understand the last part. Did you mean the Siglent cost less than $200 net? If so I agree. I was actually a little closer to $100. I was a bit worried that the Rigol would even sell actaully, with all of the cheap better scopes out there now. The Rigol is 5 years old.

philba

Joined Aug 17, 2017
Sorry didn't understand the last part. Did you mean the Siglent cost less than $200 net? If so I agree. I was actually a little closer to $100. I was a bit worried that the Rigol would even sell actaully, with all of the cheap better scopes out there now. The Rigol is 5 years old.
Yeah, datzwaddiment. Wasn't sure about the price.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I'd do it. what's 5 bucks?

I don't know about retracting, what does ebay TOS say?

You have to have a valid reason like you found it does not work. It does not mention an ahole that refused to pay then pays.

I sent an email to the 2nd top bidder. If I don't hear back by tonight, I am going to relist. That idiot put me in a real bind.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
ebay does not let you leave negative feedback! :mad: But it does let you report them which I did. Not that that will do much good. :(

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
ebay does not do a damn thing about bad buyers to protect sellers any more. It's why I dropped them dead this year.

A crooked buyer can easily screw you over from one end ot the other while you have full documentation and third party proof of the scam and they won't lift a finger to help you if it means they lose money for it.

For years I loved ebay but now they are nothing but a giant pack of useless greedy crooks and I hope they die a slow painful expensive death by their own hands. :mad:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
ebay does not leave you leave negative feedback! :mad: But it does let you report them which I did. Not that that will do much good. :(
Just watch your back on what you do now. All that bad buyer has to do to make your life miserable is open a false claim against you for supposed seller misinformation or questionable listing or communications BS against you and then sit on it without so much as a single response from there to effectively lock you up until the his claim against you times out in 10 days. :(

It would default to your win but for that 10 days you couldn't sell that item to the next highest bidder or anyone else or even restart the auction and possibly any auctions until then. It's the power bad buyers carry with them under ebays new buyer protection rules. :mad:

Been there did that and quit selling for a while then came back and then someone tried to screw me on a ~$1800 shipping damage claim scam and that was the end for me. I had enough. :mad:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Where do you get rid of your used stuff?
Right now I'm sitting on it when it all comes to online selling. :(

I've been looking at getting back online through one of of the other online auction sites like, https://www.bonanza.com , or maybe setting up a Amazon store but so far given the trouble I went through last spring with having to shut down the ebay scam myself by cutting off the forced refund through my paypal account by closing out the personal primary hometown bank account it was linked to, I have for the time being just gave up on online selling entirely. :(

If they decide you owe a buyer a refund you can not argue it or shut down your paypal account or disconnect all of your linked payment methods they have to draw from either. The best you can do is delete all credit card info and route them to a single personal bank account or such you can close out yourself so they effectively have no source of your money to take from.

Fortunately I did dump about $10k in more valuable old/odd stuff before they tried to screw me and I have at best maybe $4k - $5K of things I could consider selling any time soon but it's not a huge deal right now.

I don't need the money that bad nor have the want right now to go through the remainder of the sellable items and get them ready so it's not a hug deal. I'm just still mad at ebay for being so willingly useless on stopping the scam and helping me at all even when they knew what was going on. :mad:

As for dealing with ebay and paypal if you ever find yourself in such a scam dump all your proof on them through their customer service contacts and then tell them to pound sand followed by changing your mailing address and all relevant personal and contact info to read as being their home office addresses and phone numbers then give them dead end email accounts and disappear.

ebay told me the money refund issue was not their problem because that's how their buyer protection system works and paypal told me it was ebays so I told them to work it out between themselves and walked away.

As for my personal bank when I shutdown my account I gave them copies of all my info on the scam to which they said they knew exactly how it worked and ebay and paypal damn well know too and what I did was the right thing to do plus that they would add my case to their reports they file with whatever banking/business fraud scam investigation bureau they deal with.

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I have a feeling I am going to take a bath on the relisting. Only 2 bids so far and 2 days to go. Both bids are from out of the country. If one of them wins then I get the pleasure of paying eBay a percentage on shipping, Hindsight I should have blocked international shipping. :(

I think the bottom has dropped out of the DFS102E market. There are a couple of new ones for sale for $300 on eBay, Something fishy about that. There is a used one selling for $205 or OBO plus free shipping but says nothing about it working or not. No pics of it working either.

The good news is I have 24 watchers. Hopefully most are just late bidders,

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
When I was selling on ebay I typically looked at the prices of similar items that were selling then went 10 - 20% under that. I may have made less money up front but in the end I was far more likely to have a guaranteed sale in my hand for it while also not having wasted time and money relisting an auction. Having $800 in hand for selling a potentially $1000 item I only paid $50 for Vs having a potentially $1000 item sitting around forever until it worthless wasn't too hard to justify as a smart move in my direction.

I rarely had an item ever go more than one relist before selling going that route, plus I did have a fair number of people contact me quite regularly looking for additional components from the equipment that the items I had for sale came off of.

Most often if they gave me a fair story on what they wanted I would pull an item for them and run it on 5 day listing with a similar selling item market value -buy it now- price plus a normal reserved minimum bid auction option that started at my usual 10 - 20% less undercut.

What surprised me was how many people jumped on the 10 - 20% less auctions only to run the final prices up way past what the -buy it now - prices had been set at! :cool: