On the Wagon for my Health.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
11,655
Every body seems to be different in how it handles alcohol. In my second trip to the hospital, they were convinced I was an alcoholic. One nurse told me, that I may feel bad now, but wait until the DTs start. They did not. No alcohol withdrawal symptoms, just the painful pancreas. And you are not treated well when they think that. The first time they let me pay to upgrade ti a private room. The second time I was placed me in a 4-bed ward and they would not move me. I learned my lesson and I use intoxicants responsibly now. It is a myth that you cannot do that.
 

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
5,537
just the painful pancreas
Sounds all too familiar. For me it was a lung full of fluid. Woke up and told my wife I was having trouble breathing. Ambulance to the ER where they drained a couple of liters of fluid from my lung and told me it was due to my liver?!?! Huh??? Didn't believe them until it happened again 2 months later plus pneumonia so I just flat quit drinking. NO DTs, nothing, just quit but hasn't reoccurred. They told me I would need a new liver and was treated at the Mayo Clinics liver transplant dept. where they told me I was "Their Poster Boy for Liver Disease" since I was healing so quickly. And that was years ago now and still not drinking and my liver has healed itself. I already had liver issues and the alcohol just made it worse so I stopped drinking.
 

Thread Starter

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
836
IMG_5718.jpegMy wife brought back a bottle of Kentucky Whiskey, great looking bottle but luckily it’s Whiskey, I drink bourbon lol

kv
 
Last edited:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
7,949
My wife brought back a bottle of Kentucky Whiskey, great looking bottle but luckily it’s Whiskey, I drink bourbon lol

kv
While my drinking has slowed over the years I still enjoy a fine bourbon over the rocks. My son turned me on to Angels Envy with a bottle for Christmas a few years ago. Not exactly economical but a fine aged bourbon. I figure moderation is fine. :)

Ron
 
Top