Omron relay

kenrmer

Joined May 21, 2024
In search of an Omron relay G8H-1C7P pcb (2 total). Omron says it's obsolete. It's for a Japanese Market 1993 Subaru Sambar Dias II Van. Found a plug in type but need the pcb type

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There is a rather notorious site that always claims to have items in stock. Then it becomes clear that thet have no clue what the item I am searching for information about even is. The next step is to ask for shipping information and pricing. If they have no clue it may be obvious that they do not have it. Or maybe not.

There are quite a few sites that specialize in obsolete items, sometimes both new and used.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
That is the plug-in type I saw. I'm looking for the pcb type.
No, that's actually PCB mounted. Just has very large pins.

Let's start over. What are the specs of the relay you need? What coil voltage is it? I'm assuming 12V because it's an automotive application. How much current does the switch contacts need to withstand? Are you using it as intended (for DC) or are you planning on using it for AC? If for AC you don't want to use a DC rated relay. That can lead to excitement and smoke

Can you make a sketch of the connector pins, how thick they are, what their spacing is (their footprint). I'm sure someone makes something suitable for what you're looking for. Relays typically come in standardized sizes and shapes. But to fully understand your need - we need to know.

wraujr

Joined Jun 28, 2022
No, that's actually PCB mounted. Just has very large pins.

Let's start over. What are the specs of the relay you need? What coil voltage is it? I'm assuming 12V because it's an automotive application. How much current does the switch contacts need to withstand? Are you using it as intended (for DC) or are you planning on using it for AC? If for AC you don't want to use a DC rated relay. That can lead to excitement and smoke

Can you make a sketch of the connector pins, how thick they are, what their spacing is (their footprint). I'm sure someone makes something suitable for what you're looking for. Relays typically come in standardized sizes and shapes. But to fully understand your need - we need to know.
See post #4 that contains link to OMRON data sheet. It has all info you requested for his part number

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
that's actually PCB mounted
Those are very large pins intended for being soldered into a PCB. Not all through holes in a PCB are intended for 1/4 watt resistors and other similar sized components. These pins are intended for much larger holes; and the PCB will have heavy copper traces either on one or both surfaces or may be internal power planes.
Screen Shot 2024-05-22 at 8.52.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-22 at 8.52.55 AM.png