Old thread, new question!

kingleila

Joined Mar 21, 2021
Static induced electrical shock. Thanks,
Hi
This a post from 2018: https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/electric-shock-through-floor.144579/page-2#post-1228970
I wanted to ask a question on the original thread but was told the thread was to old to post on. I

My questions are? what is the adequate insulating to prevent current/vibration/electrical shock?
And, What can be used to conduct the power away from you?
I think some people need to learn to read.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I think some people need to learn to read.
The thread you referred to was based on the idea that the source of the electric shock was from the room below. If that is not what you are concerned about then that thread is irrelevant.

If you are interested in mitigating ESD then you are talking about ESD not conspiracy theories. There is plenty of information about ESD flooring on the web. You can search for it and if you have questions about what you find asking them here makes sense.

I’m sorry I couldn’t understand your question because of the misdirection of the thread you mentioned.

kingleila

Joined Mar 21, 2021
The thread you referred to was based on the idea that the source of the electric shock was from the room below. If that is not what you are concerned about then that thread is irrelevant.

If you are interested in mitigating ESD then you are talking about ESD not conspiracy theories. There is plenty of information about ESD flooring on the web. You can search for it and if you have questions about what you find asking them here makes sense.

I’m sorry I couldn’t understand your question because of the misdirection of the thread you me

I’m sorry I couldn’t understand your question because of the misdirection of the thread you mentioned.
[/

Could you be respectful and move along with you and your buddies. Ask a question. Do not make assumptions.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I won't be talking with you any more but you need to realize you referred to a conspiracy theory thread saying you had the same question. It seems you didn't. I don't know why you thought the original thread was relevant beyond being about getting shocks from a floor but it really doesn't seem it was.

I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot but I hope you can see your communication was confusing from the start.

Good luck with whatever your actual question is.

jkaiser20

Joined Aug 9, 2016
So, you are wanting to insulate yourself from static shock between the floor and what? Your foot? Not sure how you could build up a static potential without hovering in the room first. But I guess shuffling across one surface and stepping to another with a bare foot could give a little zap? Seems like a specific situation.

It seems you have a question somewhere, but you need to provide more information.