Offline Switcher - 110VAC to 5V @ 4A for cheap?

Flankenstein

Joined Feb 26, 2019
I'm building some LED lights and looking for the cheapest solution (under 6 bucks)
I have 4 x 3W LEDS per PCB (3.5A ish)
I want to step the voltage to 5V or better yet 4V so my microcontrollers can run off it too.

I'm looking at digikey at the offline switchers and it seems as if they are all low current, or mostly low current. I've done alot of searching.

It looks like the easy (non isolated) buck boost converters are generally at a max current of 1.5A
I would take two of them, but thats still not enough current, Or barly is enough current.

I'll probably go towards the isolated buck converter with an external mosfet, but anyone have anything that comes to mind? I got time to look and find the best part. I'd just like to see if anyone has any suggestions

Flankenstein

Joined Feb 26, 2019
voltage of RGB led is about 2.8V-Red 3.8V-Green/Blue and currents are 350mA-Red & 260mA-Green/Blue
micro is PIC16F15313-E/P
upload_2019-2-25_22-4-22.png

I have a 32V to 5V 5A converter right now, but this required an intermediate 32V supply so I was seeing if i could swap it.. also the 0 ohm resistors are actually optional 100K

Flankenstein

Joined Feb 26, 2019
no the power supply is just on. it converts 32V to 5V so i can have small AWG wires. But i'm asking what a good AC 110VAC to 5V converter would be.. even smaller wires

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
"Need to use a microcontroller to turn on and off the RT8289 Converter ? How many volts VIN ?"

Not VIN.....it's EN......"Chip Enable (Active High). EN is a digital input that turns the regulator on or off. Drive EN higher than 1.4V to turn on the regulator, lower than 0.4V to turn it off. For automatic startup, leave EN unconnected."