Odd question…ID this antenna?

Bcash

Joined Oct 6, 2022
Hey guys, I apologize if I’m on a wrong thread. I was curious if anyone could identify this antenna? 951784CC-7E07-4EAF-92F9-7E5370DE4A3F.jpeg

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I could but national security and my affiliation with the "deep state" prevents my participation in this conversation. Seriously, what is the goal of your question? If you are told it is an "L3 Corporation, 50GHz 5G antenna, model 789123w", what would you do with the information?

Bcash

Joined Oct 6, 2022
I’m just curious is all. It was literally installed right above my sofa in my complex while out of town. Management didn’t know anything about it. I just don’t think it’s a television antenna so I figure I would ask the experts. I appreciate your time and thanks.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Welcome to AAC!

Pretty hard to tell exactly what it is from the lack of focus but I suspect it is a satellite TV antenna.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

While I don’t know exactly what it is, the lack of focus makes it much harder to know if I could identify it precisely.

But, even without better focus, there are some things that be worked out from the photo.

1) It is probably a point to point link.
The orientation of the antenna, apparently level to the horizon, and the components (what looks like a boom with a reflector or dish on one end and something (LNA?) on the other both suggest either that or an odd satellite reciever (if the back end has a tilt, but that would be odd.

2) It probably operates in the microwave band somewhere.
This is based on on the size of the possible reflector/dish.

So if I was forced to guess I would say it is either a broadband/LAN point-to-point link, or possibly something associated with smart metering of power or utilities to aggregate the meters of all the units into one signal and eliminate the need to visit the complex.

On thing you could to is see if you can spot an antenna relatively close by in the direction it is pointing. That is, looking for another end point. This could be on a building or utility pole.

Either way, if you are concerned about radiation, I an unequivocally tell you that isn’t a concern. They output power.of suk a link would be quite small and intentiobally focused away from you. And, if it is just a receiver, then there is no emission to be concerned about.

A sharper photo could possibly help to make a more specific identification, but if it‘s just the danger of emissions in close proximity you can rest easy, it’s probably got a field strength where you are that is less than your own mobile phone.

Bcash

Joined Oct 6, 2022
Hey guys,
I really appreciate y’all taking the time to give me such thorough answers.

I’ve been fascinated by the whole field of “radio frequencies”, trying to teach myself about it and getting into ham radio as a hobby.

I don’t know why - perhaps people get annoyed by silly questions or assime people to be illiterate (which I absolutely am regarding 99% of things related to RF). But, that’s why I’m here. So hopefully I don’t offend anyone like the initial reply - though I approximate your response(s) regardless.

Truth of the matter, I’ve been out of town for 15 months away from my apartment (sealed collecting dust). Of all things or perhaps “hunches” - I got on Google Earrh out of curiosity that they changed or updated the street view. Indeed they did, as you could see my balcony from the street view along with all my dried up dead plants.

Now I won’t go into much details on the “whys”, but let me just say I’ve had some concerns with my neighbors directly below me. There’s a new coax cable coming out of their apartment, up the rain gutter next to my incoming cable coax line.

When I’m at my apartment, my iPhone seems to have some sort of plague. Calls seem to be diverted. Texts won’t go through, will go through but won’t be what I sent. And I’ve actually figured out over the last months that texting “Sister”‘something related to an “anomaly” - as my photos constantly get deleted randomly - I noticed there will be two separate conversations bur only one visible.

The conversations seem to separated by the standard messages - and rhe “anomalies”, or receipts from bitcoins (I have no bitcoin account), will be in the second “hidden” chat labeled “Sister” (I’m using that as an example).

I’ve spoken to Apple. Microsoft. Everyone I possibly could. I’ve been told I’ve been (and I hate to use the “H” word - hacked
- and even been told by senior advisors that I could be on a “watch list”. Which If that be the case I would be fine with that as I’ve nothing to hide.

My concern is the functionality of my devices and mostly my searches - I figure I’m DNS hijacked amongst other things as my results never seem to work properly unless I buy a new phone- SIM card - phone number -
Cable internet modem - and set them all ip
At the same time in the same day. Then my searches and phone / computer functionality will be incredible. But as soon as I get home, after a few hours everything reverts back.

Back to the coax line from Google Earth street view, I can’t go inspect it as my neighbor below me has a camera facing out their window to the sidewalk and street. I’d be scared they’d try to accuse me of something if inspected it closer.

When I arrived home - that coax running up to my line - as of yesterday is now covered with a conduit pipe and painted the same color as the building. Very strange. It got me to thinking about the antenna that appeared the same time as the coax.

If it was truly television (they use ATT direct tv, and those satellites are on the other side of the roof. Being I’ve had or rather - suspected of havinng countless finances, mail bills, all seemingly tampered or reprinted entirely on lesser papers - no one believes me.

Yesterday I did a field test menu and saw things that had never been there before. It alarmed me. My signals are near -10, but from what I gather it’s using LTE but showing false 5G.

Im shocked thisis allowing me to post at all.

I’m at my wits end. Of all the apps on my phone, the only ones with hidden folders in the Files app are my banking apps. And charges and payments on those apps versus Apple Wallet don’t match, but only for a second.

So seeing this antenna, alarmed me. If it’s some type of cell booster, would field test indicate that?
I’m sorry if this is the wrong place. I’ve got a report on “online harassment”’and being those coax are purposely being hidden - I diffuse I’d ask.

I thought maybe it could be a Lora gateway. Though I’m not sure what could be done with it maliciously. Especially if just a tv antenna.

I’ve had packages tampered ans always its
A power cord. A power supply. As of now
A new door lock “lost in transit”, but mostly charging cables and power supplies all end up tampered and taped back together.
All that being said - the law isn’t much help.
This has been going on for years but these last months things have escalated financially. And so much more. You mention the word “hack”’and “antenna”‘and people ask you where your foil had is.
I initially thought someone could have tapped into my cable bur I just don’t know. Spectrum said call the law. The law said call spectrum.

I’ll try to attach before and agter Photos of the coax running up to my and my alone coax wire. I just can’t follow it to see if it’s to the antenna. It doesn’t come up the gutter so I doubt it’s For the antenna.
Regardless thank you all so much. I just have no one else, or rather If y’all could suggest to me someone who can troubleshoot and determine what’s going on that would be, beyond my sincerest gratitude.

Below is the coax running alongside mine - which was never rhere. Then today, took another photo on my balcony bro show how they painted and covered it. Tomorrow I’ll try to get a better image of the antenna.
It’s hard to see, the neighbors is hidden in the painted conduit and mine (none of the neighbors have their lines in conduit)
- runs above it and was there many years prior. The photo I had prior to them
“Hiding”‘theirs, alas has been deleted. Ill
Have to find it off google maps.
Ill also try to get an image of the antenna tha
BFEA464A-C9B3-45B0-8B32-7D39F4E4E8E1.jpeg
A158191A-5D40-4194-A46B-6FDC5343EFCF.jpeg
A0FF95F7-7D65-4CA6-927E-433CCFAF69F0.jpeg
33F98017-8C00-450D-B7A6-B347209A37B4.jpeg
D782B63C-A76F-47C0-A18C-FF78D33E13FF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hey guys,
I really appreciate y’all taking the time to give me such thorough answers.

I’ve been fascinated by the whole field of “radio frequencies”, trying to teach myself about it and getting into ham radio as a hobby.

I don’t know why - perhaps people get annoyed by silly questions or assime people to be illiterate (which I absolutely am regarding 99% of things related to RF). But, that’s why I’m here. So hopefully I don’t offend anyone like the initial reply - though I approximate your response(s) regardless.

Truth of the matter, I’ve been out of town for 15 months away from my apartment (sealed collecting dust). Of all things or perhaps “hunches” - I got on Google Earrh out of curiosity that they changed or updated the street view. Indeed they did, as you could see my balcony from the street view along with all my dried up dead plants.

This is obviously very distressing to you, and I'm sorry you have to suffer it. I'd like to reassure you in a way that would be effective but I'm afraid what I have to say is not going to be that.

First of all, your description of all the things that are happening is very hard to follow. This is, not in small part, because what does get through is extremely improbable from a technical standpoint, and seems to have little utility to anyone that would do it.

Has money been removed from your account(s)? If not, it's more evidence that what's going on is not what you imagine. As I said the descriptions and sequences are nebulous, making it harder to work out, but it is with great caution that I suggest the problem is something that has nothing to do with the technology you are investigating.

It might help to sit down and detail the chain of events along with the specific evidence you can collect. Photos and screenshots would help, I think. Once you have that gathered, it will serve two purposes:

1) It will let you review the evidence with a bit more remove, a little more objectively. When you do you might discover that while it was floating around as a nebulous set of events it seemed to portend something malicious—but written our clearly and not able to wiggle away when you look at it, you will see through the anxiety related associations you have been making.

2) If there is something of substance to these widely distributed events, someone with more technical knowledge will be able to help you work it out. This might be finding a cause, or determining there is no common cause for these things.

I don't want you to feel I am rejecting you out of hand, labeling you, or judging you but I can only say this:

In the absence of further evidence, from what I can glean out of your cloud of information, the idea that some person or persons unknown are tampering with and using your devices is not at all likely. The combination of things, and the technical context makes what you might see as a web of evidence for something singular, instead a series of unrelated and uncorrelated events.

This is, of course, without a lucid accounting of the evidence you have or can get. It's just that the different parts don't fit together as they stand. I say the next thing with all due respect and without a shred of condescension. Have you been suffering a lot of stress lately? Troubles with people, or work, or anything else? Stress can create a mental environment that leads to somewhat disconnected thinking, and it can sneak up on you so that you don't recognize it's happening.

I am not saying you are "crazy" or "mentally ill"—but I am saying that for your sake, despite your personal conviction that it can't be the root of this coalescing conspiracy you've been struggling with, you take time to consider how it could be inside and not outside that things are happening.

Bear in mind that even if the different events you describe have happened, your problem isn't the events per se but how you are interpreting them. So, respectfully, while pursuing a technical answer please make an accounting of your own circumstances and how they may be affecting your interpretation of things that happen around you.

If you can get more information and want help, I'll certainly do what I can. Best of luck.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
To answer the antenna issue, I suspect it is either a wifi link or a cell booster.
With such accurate pictures of the cable, I find it hard to believe the picture of the antenna can't be re-done with a clearer image, especially since he has an iPhone.

Other than that, the rambling post reminds me of a previous troll that had unexplained events that were impossible...

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010

[...]

You mention the word “hack”’and “antenna”‘and people ask you where your foil had is.
I initially thought someone could have tapped into my cable bur I just don’t know.
I don't think you've offended anyone or given anyone cause for offense. You did manage to attract the attention of a particularly crass (but often very helpful) member of our community, and the reason is indeed related to "tin foil hats" but not in the way you probably thought. A lot of people hold conspiracy theories surrounding the installation of the new 5G antennas and they occasionally come around here asking "stupid" questions and/or making "stupid" claims about them. These people make themselves targets for those who know better and revel in knowing that they know better.

Sorry I can't explain your other issues but at least I can explain that.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
I wasn't joking in the least, when I said ......... unplug it, (or cut the Cable), and see what happens.

Never make decisions based on fear.

Go talk to your neighbors, see if they have been having any problems.
The problems that You randomly outlined are highly improbable.

Your problems may be directly related to the types of websites that You visit.

The only viable alternative to these actions is to pack-up your stuff and move.
( and then stay off of nefarious websites permanently )

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Those antennas with 2 or 4 coax leads to them are satellite dishes, most likely.
People put up their own dishes for each person, as satellite service is specific to a person, unless an apartment complex buys a "large customer" service from the satellite provider.
Some people put up multi-satellite dishes. Some use multiple LNB at the dish, a few may have a motorized azimuth adjustment to find a different satellite.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Those antennas with 2 or 4 coax leads to them are satellite dishes, most likely.
People put up their own dishes for each person, as satellite service is specific to a person, unless an apartment complex buys a "large customer" service from the satellite provider.
Some people put up multi-satellite dishes. Some use multiple LNB at the dish, a few may have a motorized azimuth adjustment to find a different satellite.
I've no idea what the first post picture is but mine is a H/V with circular polarization LNA KA/KU band FTA dish. Nothing odd about it in most places around the world.

By running different polarization H/V or R/L you can have two transponders in the same SAT frequency slot.
The same effects happen for all EM waves like RF.

Last edited: