obsolete power transistor

leonard

Joined Nov 29, 2005
dear all,

i am looking for D7ST451010, a disc power transistor. Powerex, the manufacturer of this transistor said that is an obsolete device with no replacement. i am looking for some one or shop or store with old stock. please send the quotation to my e-mail <snip>
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It will be hard to find a replacement for a 3000 Watt transistor.
I did find a copy of the datasheet.

You could try a request at partminer.

Greetings,
Bertus

Attachments

Last edited:
If you can modify some of the part parameters you may find something at

http://www.solitrondevices.com

I don't see anything that matches that transistors power handling capability but they do have parts that can get close on either voltage or current, just not simultaneously. It might be worth a call to them and see if they have any recommendations...

millwood

Joined Dec 31, 1969
a 3kw transistor? that's the mother of all transistors, :).

well, depending on how it is used, it can be replaced with others, like SCRs, or IGBTs, or even some lowly mosfets. sounds like it is for switching application and bjts aren't that efficient for switching applications so a lesser mosfet may fit the bill.

millwood

Joined Dec 31, 1969
out of curiosity, i checked digikey for a high amperage mosfet. they have one from microsemi, rated for 860amp and 2.5kw! all for cool $200 a piece.

I am sure you can make that work.

leonard

Joined Nov 29, 2005
dear Millwood,

i think i have find it at americanmicrosemi.com, it is D7ST451510KS. I am waiting the quotation from them now. Thanks for the reply.

leonard

Joined Nov 29, 2005
dear Bertus,
partminer don't have it. thanks for the pdf data sheets. i have been offered by americanmicrosemi.com D7ST451510. thanks for the reply.