Obsolete circuit board, novice trying to fix it

Rick3500

Joined Jan 13, 2024
I am trying to understand what it takes to fix a simple circuit. It is a snubber circuit that is expecting a 18VDC input and power a gate controller board the operates a 12VDC motor, magnetic switches. I need to fix it myself because the manufacturer is apparently out of business and the folks and the not so friendly gate supply company said there was simply no availability and no substitution boards/solutions (I say BS).

The resistors are marked, the capacitors are not marked other than CITEL 07 90V. I need to find replacement parts and replace the diodes, and capacitors to make this thing work again. Any advice would be much appreciated. The Capacitors that seem to work provide a an approximate 47-50

I have no idea if this is the correct forum to ask this type of question, so, please tell me nicely to bugger off and I will go make something up :)

Thanks in advance.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Details of the board (good, clean, in-focus pictures of all sides, ID numbers or identifiers and connectors), manufacturer, model numbers, etc ...

Most of us are not clairvoyant.

Rick3500

Joined Jan 13, 2024
My original message said 18VDC but it seems that it is actually 18VAC
The board is ELITE Surge Suppressor (it doesn't display any model number here)
The gate controller is ELITE

The last image is the gate controller and surge suppressor in the gate cabinet. The surge suppressor is for the ELITE DC Operator v 5N

probably obvious, but the first image is the guts of the Surge Suppressor shown in the fullboard.jpg image. and the input is on the back side of the board where I have disconnected one leg of each of the first three components.

My understanding these are a snubber circuit for the various switches.

Safety loop, Exit Loop, etc..

I appreciate the quick responses. I wasn't expecting it :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Rick3500

Joined Jan 13, 2024
FYI, I have called various gate supply vendors and searched the web for any information on the boards, schematics, alternative boards etc. no luck

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
My original message said 18VDC but it seems that it is actually 18VAC
The board is ELITE Surge Suppressor (it doesn't display any model number here)
The gate controller is ELITE

The last image is the gate controller and surge suppressor in the gate cabinet. The surge suppressor is for the ELITE DC Operator v 5N

probably obvious, but the first image is the guts of the Surge Suppressor shown in the fullboard.jpg image. and the input is on the back side of the board where I have disconnected one leg of each of the first three components.

My understanding these are a snubber circuit for the various switches.

Safety loop, Exit Loop, etc..

I appreciate the quick responses. I wasn't expecting it :)
What I've found so far. Nothing about schematics for repair parts but calling some of these places might get some leads on possible repairs.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Elite+Q206&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://laornamental.com/Store/product5250.html
Elite Robo Slide or Robo Swing Gate Operators Parts - Elite Q412 Surge Suppressor

1705197872840.png

Rick3500

Joined Jan 13, 2024
Thank you I will check to see what I can find. The orginal gate operator was a AC version, it appears that the same surge suppressor was used for the DC version. The original one kept getting hit by lightning and the crown jewel for the entry pad itself was $1200.00 every time it got fried, so I switched to DC to minimize the lighting, and removed the phone line (which is likely where the surge came in) Thank you for your help.

Strange, the company went out of business and I guess all of the supplies and parts have been consumed. Surge Suppressor no longer available :(

Last edited:

Rick3500

Joined Jan 13, 2024
Back to figuring out how to create my own. I will see if I can find schematics for the Q412. I think the Q410 which is available requires some other component, it has some G B A input ports...

The more things you accumulate the more junk you have to keep replacing :)