Object selection prototype for manufacturing industries

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I can't answer that for you. You need to know much more. Pick a way for diverting the object. If it doesn't work, then you have learned something. Specifically, that you need to try something different.

I'd approach the question differently. At 30rpm, how fast is the object moving? How long will it be under the sensor? Is that long enough to make a measurement?

How fast can your divertor react? Is the object moving too fast?

Ishan Jain

Joined Nov 12, 2016
Wow! A lot of requirements. Do we get the grade if we answer them all. Perhaps you should tell us the professors name, so we can contact him.

As to your original question, the quoted sensor can detect the height of the objects. You need to code the acquisition of the distance to the sensor.

Then, show us how you would do this and what you would do next in the Arduino.
I really appreciate your valuable replies. I would definitely share description of this project with you and other stuff that I will be doing with Arduino. Thankyou

Ishan Jain

Joined Nov 12, 2016
I can't answer that for you. You need to know much more. Pick a way for diverting the object. If it doesn't work, then you have learned something. Specifically, that you need to try something different.

I'd approach the question differently. At 30rpm, how fast is the object moving? How long will it be under the sensor? Is that long enough to make a measurement?

How fast can your divertor react? Is the object moving too fast?
I was thinking to program it in such a way that when the faulty object is detected,a mechanism will be deployed at a specific point which will displace the object from the conveyor and for that I need to calculate the speed of the object on the conveyor as you said how fast the object is moving.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Ok, lots of ideas. Start with one and show us what you can do with it

How about a working Arduino sketch? Show us how the microcontroller will actually do something.

Ishan Jain

Joined Nov 12, 2016
I consulted with a friend of mine and he advised me to do this project using PLC as it will be very easy to control the whole stuff, i.e. controlling the motor and sensor simultaneously. Also it will serve as a proper automation project because PLC is used. The problem is interfacing of the ultrasonic sensor with PLC.