Nuts and Volts Mag

Icanmakeit67

Joined Sep 23, 2018
I have a parts kit I purchased for what a note in my container says was a Grandfather Clock. The note also says the article came from the 1995 June issue of Nuts and Volts Magazine . I’m retired now and though I don’t think I planed for this much time to pass I’ve lost my 1995 issue. I actually remember copying it back then. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to find an archived issue today with no luck. Anyone out there have this issue or know where I can find a copy of the article? Maybe a scan to save the day or digital issue. Anything…Thanks

Icanmakeit67

Joined Sep 23, 2018
I have a parts kit I purchased for what a note in my container says was a Grandfather Clock. The note also says the article came from the 1995 June issue of Nuts and Volts Magazine . I’m retired now and though I don’t think I planed for this much time to pass I’ve lost my 1995 issue. I actually remember copying it back then. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to find an archived issue today with no luck. Anyone out there have this issue or know where I can find a copy of the article? Maybe a scan to save the day or digital issue. Anything…Thanks
Oh and pretty sure this is a make your own PCB. Have not done one of those in years. Any new extra tricks?

schmitt trigger

Joined Jul 12, 2010
Oh and pretty sure this is a make your own PCB. Have not done one of those in years. Any new extra tricks?
These days, with ultra low cost PCB Chinese manufacturers like JLCPCB and PCBway, providing dual layer, HASL solder-masked and silkscreened boards at $2.00US for five 100X100 mm boards, and a $1.50 shipping if you are willing to wait a couple of weeks, nowadays the way to go is for you to download the free software and order your boards there.

Icanmakeit67

Joined Sep 23, 2018
These days, with ultra low cost PCB Chinese manufacturers like JLCPCB and PCBway, providing dual layer, HASL solder-masked and silkscreened boards at $2.00US for five 100X100 mm boards, and a $1.50 shipping if you are willing to wait a couple of weeks, nowadays the way to go is for you to download the free software and order your boards there.
I actually have had three projects made by PCBWay with hired help from Fiver. What I’m asking is for the build instructions that were in the June 1995 issue of Nuts and Volts. Pretty sure the PCB in the article will turn out to be only a picture of what it looks like. No design/Gerber files. Might you know where I can find the article?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I am amazed that Nuts and Volts published an article that does not include an arduino processor board. Or maybe it does. If that is the case then folks here could probably produce an equivalent design based on a good description of the original creation.