NSM wall box ( Slave ) into Mp3 Jukebox Project .... connecting to Rasbery Pi

prezzo

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Hi I am new to this forum so hello to everyone

At the moment I am working on converting my NSM Wallbox into a Mp3 Juke box mechanically I have managed to sort the coin and track selection mechanism they work fine now
Electrically the lamps and keypad are also sorted
Electronically I have a problem
My friend is programming a Rasberry Pi to interface with my Sonos sound system and Spotify,
mechanical and electrics I have a pretty good understanding of programming my friend can sort
It would be great if someone here can help me to get the pcb and the Pi connected to each other
I have a Service manual with full schematics
I bought the Wallbox as a nostalgic ornament then over the past few months got i working and it looks fantastic in my living room and now Ive got a bee in my bonnet to get it to actually play music

Hoping for some person or persons who could help me out....... Now posting pics

Regards Paul

Attachments

prezzo

Joined Sep 23, 2020
I would connect the raspberry pi to the serial port, for communication.

What do you want to achieve?
I want to connect the Wall box to the Pi and for it to play like the original master jukebox and Im concerned about damaging any interface chips or memory great profile pic by the way

prezzo

Joined Sep 23, 2020
I want to connect the Wall box to the Pi and for it to play like the original master jukebox and Im concerned about damaging any interface chips or memory great profile pic by the way
Orignally the only connection to the main Jukebox was with a 2 core signal cable this cable sent a 24v supply to the signal termnal and ground terminal at the bottom of the pcb ( pic 1 ) this 24v supply then went to a small relay on a power board when the relay switched the built in transformer of my box then powered the lights pcb ect with different voltages.
As there was only the 2 core cable communicating to and from the main juke box then I assume the signals are from the terminals I mentioned in the pic
I have now gave the relay on the power board its own direct remotely controlled 12v power the relay range is 5 to 36v supply to eliminate the high voltage on the signal terminal
I understand the max voltage the pi can handle is 3.2v
I hope Im explaining this in an understandable way

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Looking at the circuit diagram, the hideaway that stores the records, is connected by a two core cable ,Gnd and Signal, you need to connect the pi there for signalling. It's a two way protocol to IC 4 , what data language it is I don't know.

prezzo

Joined Sep 23, 2020
Looking at the circuit diagram, the hideaway that stores the records, is connected by a two core cable ,Gnd and Signal, you need to connect the pi there for signalling. It's a two way protocol to IC 4 , what data language it is I don't know.
Thanks for the input Dave
So what I have done with the 24v supply isolating it from the signal terminals shuold be ok. is there a way to find out the the language ?

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Only way I can think of language wise is to know what chip IC4 is and get the datasheet for it , or can you email NSM for technical assistance??