Novice electronics hobbyist needs advice about pin-out VCC

kemplinr

Joined Jul 8, 2010
I came across a circuit board I had purchased a while ago that records and plays back audio (see photo). I'm taking an online course in basic electronics but this board is a bit more advanced. I would like to try out the function of the board, I just don't know how to apply power to it (the board arrived with no instructions). I know to connect a speaker to the speaker jacks. I imagine the pins "VCC" and "GRD" handles the power supply. The things I've learned in my class are so far pretty basic. Can someone tell me what I need to operate this device?

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You really need the instructions that should have come with the board.

Googling ISD 1820PY (the part number on the chip) yielded the following:

https://www.allelectronics.com/mas_assets/media/allelectronics2018/spec/ME-63.pdf

Note that that user's manual is for a different board, but they appear pretty similar. See if you can back out the schematic for your board (should be fairly easy if it is a two-layer board) and see how it matches up to the one in the manual.

kemplinr

Joined Jul 8, 2010
Thanks! I'll give it a look. The board I have was produced by LC Technology (www.lctech-inc.com); but the entire site is in Chinese!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The one posted in #2 is correct, I have one on my desk right now, It has a radio reciever attached to it that operates the module when the door bell rings, It calls out to me by name, I take it with me around the shop or out in the yard.
You can either record by the local buttons and play back either local or by remote source input pin.
.Max.