Not getting the desired output for the circuit below on myDaq

Jaimin Patel

Joined Jul 26, 2017
Hello guys,
I am trying to solve this lab for circuits class, but for some reason, the myDaq oscilloscope software is not showing the correct sine wave to find the question number 3 or 2 in the following image. The circuit I am trying to solve is also given in the following image with the given settings for the software.

Here is the image of the circuit, I made sure the connections are right almost 10 times now. The op-amp number is - TL082

Here is what I am getting with the settings and the circuit I have built.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Your scope display indicates that the scope has not triggered, so we have no idea what your signals look like. You might set it to autotrigger to see if you are getting any kind of signal at all.

Then there are some obvious troubleshooting steps you should take. Measure the voltage at the supply rails. Are you actually outputting your supply voltages? Maybe something is disabled or a fuse is blown or something isn't plugged in. Use a separate voltmeter, if you have one -- if you don't have one, get one (even a cheap giveaway meter).

Then slow your signal even more and measure the output voltage of your analog signal and make sure that it really is doing what you are telling it to do. Don't just assume that it is.

Verify your wiring. It's hard to tell if it is good or not. For instance, I can't tell which busses the red wire is plugged into.

I don't see your feedback single going from the output of the opamp to the inverting input.

What kind of opamp is this? Make sure you have it oriented properly. I can see the pin1 indicator, plus without known the opamp type, I have no idea what the pinout is.

You have a number of pins unconnected. Is this a dual opamp? If so, then the inputs of the unused amp should be tied to defined values (that are not the same) otherwise it may well oscillate or do other bad things.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Some of your trouble is caused by non-standard use of the breadboard power rails. It’s hard to tell where ground is for the LED side. It looks to me like there is no ground. You’re powering the opamp with 30V. I don’t recall the spec but that could be too much. I usually orient mine with the indicator to the left. Double check your pin out.

If you check these things and it still looks ok, post your schematic. It’s hard to decipher without it. Oh sorry, I see it now.

Jaimin Patel

Joined Jul 26, 2017
I got the solution. I decreased the time/div factor to 200ms and changed the trigger to immediate rather than edge and it gave me the perfect diagram for the output. Thank you for your help. I highly appreciate it.